Thread: My car

Professional

Default My car

Just thought I'd post some pics to show you my setup... Nothing fancy, nothing extravagant, but it works for me.

BEFORE CLUSTER SWAP (note the gay-ness):

AFTER CLUSTER SWAP (check out all it's majesty):

MISC PICS:

Professional

That's a nice swap!

I think all of the Impalas I got as rentals had the same as your old dash.

Ed

Professional

Thanks man!

Yeah, unfortunatly, all the base models have that plain dash. The LS's came with a tach, but that's it. The dash I have is actually out of a Monte SS and adds the oil pressure and alternator voltage, but it is an exact fit since they're pretty much the same car.

BTW, this cluster is plug and play with the 3800 engine only. If you have the 3400, the oil sending unit is not the same and the oil pressure gauge won't work. Since I have the 3800 engine, it was an easy choice of which cluster to upgrade to! I'd rather have gauges anyway than rely on idiot lights all the time.

Yoda of Radar

Wow, nice upgrade, I hate the lame no-tach dashes... on an automatic it isn't SO bad but for example, my Pontiac Firebird Esprit (1976 model) came with a 4-speed but only a speedo and fuel gauge. The problem is, how do I know when I am over-revving the motor? The redline is 5500r/min, and the problem is, the car has so much power it will easily punch through the redline in top gear, somewhere around 130mi/h. The speedo only reads upto 100mi/h (predates metric in Canada) so how do I know?!! :x Of course, the car has no electronic nanny cutting it off at 5500... when I finally get the parts/money to strip that thing apart I'll make sure to put a Rally gauge pack in there.

Your car is too scary! If I was driving and saw that, I'd be on the brakes so fast...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Your car is too scary! If I was driving and saw that, I'd be on the brakes so fast...
    I second that

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    I second that
    That's why I love my car! Thought about doing spotlights because they would come in handy in the fall when I do a lot of deer hunting, but I didn't want to be a poser either. I am thinking about swapping rims however for the steel ones that the police use.

Radar Fanatic

hey nice car!

Yoda of Radar

Last year I could have got a set of Impala police car rims and center caps for about $150 Canadian, plus the Impala police car they went with Damn thing looked like it hit a tree at 200km/h, then spun and rolled, landed back on the wheels, got back up to 200 and then went off a cliff, hit a boulder, several trees, all this with the foot still to the floor

The police stripped it really clean too, basically four wheels and a badly bent up bodyshell, oh yeah a seat with puke on it too