Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Altimas

Newcomer

Default Altimas

I have a 2000 Altima. I was looking into putting exhaust on it but i cant find anything specificly for my car. Does anyone know about findind exhaust for my car?

Radar Fanatic

I know there is exhaust out there somewhere for your car. Type "00 altima exhaust" into google. If that doesnt bring anything up, enter performance or aftermarket along with 00 altima exhaust, something is bound to come up.

Old Timer

And if you're still at a dead-end there, you can always take the car into a muffler shop - they'll usually be more than happy to fab up a system for you.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by TSi+WRX
    And if you're still at a dead-end there, you can always take the car into a muffler shop - they'll usually be more than happy to fab up a system for you.
    Than thats what I will do. I dont think there is any exhaust systems made for 2000 altimas. Its to bad as well, my car has quite good acceleration up for a 4 cyl car. It does 0-60 in about 7.5 seconds with hardly any mods other than a upgraded air filter and premium gas. I will also put an injen ram air intake system in when i get enough money.

Yoda of Radar

Nobody's explained octane ratings to you yet, huh?

Here's the short version: If your car doesn't require premium gas, filling it with premium doesn't make it faster, cleaner, more efficient, or ANYTHING. It's just a waste of money.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    Nobody's explained octane ratings to you yet, huh?

Here's the short version: If your car doesn't require premium gas, filling it with premium doesn't make it faster, cleaner, more efficient, or ANYTHING. It's just a waste of money.
    Say what you will about premium gas does nothing to your car.
    However, I can tell a big difference in acceleration with premium gas. Other than that I dont get as good gas mileage. But the higher the octan the more powerfull the combustion, simple as that.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by dmAlt00
    But the higher the octan the more powerfull the combustion, simple as that.
    It's simply not true. Octane ratings measure resistance to spontaneous combustion, not combustion energy. In fact, there's a tiny tiny tiny bit LESS combustion energy with higher octane gas (but not enough to ever notice or probably measure) because there's less gasoline and more octane-boosting additive in it.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    Quote Originally Posted by dmAlt00
    But the higher the octan the more powerfull the combustion, simple as that.
    It's simply not true. Octane ratings measure resistance to spontaneous combustion, not combustion energy. In fact, there's a tiny tiny tiny bit LESS combustion energy with higher octane gas (but not enough to ever notice or probably measure) because there's less gasoline and more octane-boosting additive in it.
    I really dont want to get into a argument with you on this. But I have to say when I put premium in my car and floor it, my car sounds better and I get pushed back into my seat far more than with regular gas. BTW have you ever put premium gas in your car?

Yoda of Radar

Every time, forced induction = premium

Professional

Higher octane = higher compression before detonation. JDS is exactly right. You get your performance increase from your engine having a high compression ratio, which requires high octane fuel. Not from the fuel itself having a higher octane level.