Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Professional

ok my spec V is a 6-spd manual with a Limited Slip Differential and im at (was) 315 with FWD... its not logical unless you buy some extremely expensive and sticky tires like i did and replace them every 6 months. Not to mention the mazda speed 3 has issues with the top mount intercooler and if you up the pressure you have to swap to a front mount because they will overheat if not. If you want speed get a Z, if you want something more useful and probable to a college kid like myself get a 3. zippy car that has its moments without compromising the backseat.

Professional

being a former mazdaspeed motorsports development guy i have to give a nod to the ms3. im not one for fwd though and thats where i would cave to the z.

the turbocharged 2.3l is a great car to drive and can look extremely mean with a few enhancements. throw a slightly bigger turbo and your gonna have a blast. get a spare engine from a junker and build it on the side for low compression.

the only downside is the torque steer for the fwd.

the handling aspect of the 3 is spot on and with a set of tuned koni yellows with a coilover setup and your really in the hunt.

now besides a daily driver what are you looking for? drag or road race. the 3 is great for the RR and autocross and i would highly recommend it for that. the z is a little sluggish on the track, and takes a few grand to get it on par suspension wise for the track.

if you look to have a car to build for the long haul, go with the z. you'll get more performance. if your looking for out of the box fun and performance and alot of versitility the 3 is your car.

or you could get a new mustang gt send it to me for a full griggs racing setup and you'll be in for the ride of you life :shock: .....

btw...notice how i didnt even mension the civic....*thumbs down*

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer84_03
    btw...notice how i didnt even mension the civic....*thumbs down*
    I was in one (SI coupe) at the car show and banged my head on the damn grab handle on the roof. Why the hell did they put a grab handle on the roof? The A pillars are huge - visibility is so bad as a result the car is unsafe for the road, let alone performance...

I was surprised, such a big car but still I cannot fit inside... I'd rather have the 1972 Civic they had next to it 8)

Might want to consider the new Chevy Cobalt turbo model, 260hp 2.0 direct injection turbo.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by xXCriticizeXx
    Not to mention the mazda speed 3 has issues with the top mount intercooler and if you up the pressure you have to swap to a front mount because they will overheat if not.
    Meh, a new FMIC is a given for ANY serious boost application. Not to difficult or expensive, really. Hell, a whole lot of the VWs have them just because they look good

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ovencleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    Oh come on, there's just no contest here. I mean the comparing a Civic to a 350Z just isn't fair, it's like saying "Do you want a steak or a Hot Pocket?"

Im only going to say this once:
    The mustang GT's backseats DO NOT COUNT. I cannot fit in the back of a GT. Sure I am 6'1", but i have to lie across two seats curled up if i want to fit.

easy fix, put the seats down, and lie down through the trunk. It even has a emergency release handle for you to get out! 8)

Yoda of Radar

You guys realize that if you are 6'1 you aren't supposed to sit in the back seat, at all The back seat is where you put your baby or your briefcase or your freeloading friends who aren't in a position to complain What are you expecting a Lincoln Town Car?

Strongly recommend against lying through the trunk - this could easily kill you in a moderate crash.

Radar Fanatic

I probobly would end up doing some (not much) drag racing, and maybe taking it out to texas motor speedway here and there. The speed 3 looks like it would fit my lifestyle more tho... I like to fit alot of friends into my car.

I really wouldn't race that much, I just want a car that i can enjoy driving you know? The speed 3 looks the most like that car.

Ill check out the GTI and compare it to see which one I like more.

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    You guys realize that if you are 6'1 you aren't supposed to sit in the back seat, at all The back seat is where you put your baby or your briefcase or your freeloading friends who aren't in a position to complain What are you expecting a Lincoln Town Car?

Strongly recommend against lying through the trunk - this could easily kill you in a moderate crash.
    Definitley not going to try that in any of my irresponsible friends mustangs... (all of them )

Quote Originally Posted by xXCriticizeXx
    ok my spec V is a 6-spd manual with a Limited Slip Differential and im at (was) 315 with FWD... its not logical unless you buy some extremely expensive and sticky tires like i did and replace them every 6 months. Not to mention the mazda speed 3 has issues with the top mount intercooler and if you up the pressure you have to swap to a front mount because they will overheat if not. If you want speed get a Z, if you want something more useful and probable to a college kid like myself get a 3. zippy car that has its moments without compromising the backseat.
    I would definitley look at getting a front intercooler. I really just want to be able to hold my own against say... a stock/slightly modified GT...

Yoda of Radar

Oh come on you could hold your own against a slightly modified GT if you were riding a decent bicycle

Advanced Member

We just bought a 3

I stay away from Nissan cause they are A-holes. They tried to sue Harry Nissan for his website Nissan.com many times over. Keep in mind when he bought the domain Nissan was operating as Datsun.

We got the 3 for my wife, were were planning on the Mazda6 but the Mazda3 drove 100 times better in every aspect.

She still loves it and I do too. It is very nimble with an awesome suspension with little or no lean and no hard bumps.

Yep the Mazda3 is very nice and fun to drive.

If you want a balls to the wall haul ass ricer then wait for the Evo10 it is hot. Very hot.

For an American wheel spinner, look at the new Challenger coming out if you can afford it along with the insurance and gas.

We're too old for that sort of crap.
    The Mazda3 was good for us.
    Zoom-Zoom!
    <<--- Valentine One v3.861 --->>
    Protecting a Hemi Challenger
    Saves = 200+ -- Pharmacies Detected=9733

Yoda of Radar

Last I looked, the Evo X is slower than both the STI and it's predecessor, the Evo IX, for that matter.