Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default JDS (Did someone crash your car?!)

This popped up on Audizine, and the car looks a lot like JDS's car.

:!: Notice the Veil on the headlights! This was in Florida, and apparently the kid who crashed it didn't own the car.

Hope this isn't you JDS!

Old Timer

Don't think so, since I think JDS' car is debadged in the front.

Yoda of Radar

That's not even close to my car. It's a Platinum Grey Jetta GL from 2002 or earlier (rubstrips on 2003-2005 had chrome inserts). My car is a Black Magic Pearl 2005 GLI, plus I have a full custom Kamei mesh front, smoked lighting, retrofitted early-style rubstrips (very rare, you'll almost never see Black Magic Pearl rubstrips without chrome), and the RCs are powdercoated flat black.

It sort of looks like Darth Vader's daily driver.

Those headlights most likely are NOT coated with Veil. Many of our headlight lenses just fog up after a while.

Speed Demon

I was looking for some pics of your car, but couldn't find any.

Glad its not your car tho!

Still it looks like it has Veil on it tho.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstreak98
    I was looking for some pics of your car, but couldn't find any.
    Yeah, I haven't posted any here in a while. My AOL webspace got screwed up and wouldn't let me upload anything new a few months ago, haven't been able to figure it out, and I don't like posting up personal stuff to this board that's hosted on my own website.

Glad its not your car tho!

Still it looks like it has Veil on it tho.
    Yeah I know, that's what the foggy headlights looked like. When I posted up photos on VWVortex, everybody was like "Looks good but you gotta wetsand your headlights to get rid of that fogging!" I've explained it to them about a thousand times now.

So...was the Audizine post titled something like, "Stupid f*cking VW drivers, why do we have to be part of the same automotive group as them? It's so embarassing!"?

Speed Demon

No it was "Why you shouldn't do drugs" apparently they crashed right buy his house. No VW bashing going on.....at least not yet

The best picture:

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    That's not even close to my car. It's a Platinum Grey Jetta <snip> My car is a Black Magic Pearl Grey Jetta

Yoda of Radar

The best picture:

Ewww...he Nightshaded his taillights and completely skipped the wetsanding...that's just ugly as hell. Damn potheads.

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    That's not even close to my car. It's a Platinum Grey Jetta <snip> My car is a Black Magic Pearl Grey Jetta
    I don't get it. Are you saying that Black Magic Pearl looks grey to you or something?

Power User

Thats now Veil on the headlights, thats just normal damadge from the elements, I hate these plastic light covers they use these days.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    I don't get it. Are you saying that Black Magic Pearl looks grey to you or something?
    I was going to nitpick the same thing. It really sounded like you were splitting hairs, since 75% of the adjectives used to describe the body color were more or less identical

This comically reminds me of the time I tried to explain the difference between the coprocessor and main board digital IO pins on the FIRST Robotics controllers to someone over the phone, and after 15 minutes got back a sarcastic 6-and-half-dozen butchering of what I said. Too bad phones don't come with a "taser other end" button.