Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen
    NEW JERSEY South - about 15 mins from Philly

Default Whats you Automotive pet peeve...........?

I love getting up on my soap box on occassion.

But I will keep it to a minimum.............LOL

And I will try to protect the innocent or guilty. If any of these apply to you, reconsider your life or the source, me.............

1. The habit of Chevrolet putting the SS moniker on a front wheel drive v6.
    If it is an SS it better live up to the name. Please!!!!!!

2. People that come to a stop directly behind the car in front of them at a traffice lite. And dont realize that that car in front has their left turn signal on. HOW DO YOU MISS THAT????????? Then they are all in a tizzy to pass the car on the right..........duh...........

3. Hyundai Tucson??????? Maybe that should be Hyundai Incheon??

Oh well just my ramblings late at nite............

Dont forget.........a little self deprecating humor looks good on all of us.............

have fun

Radar Fanatic

Rice rockets. Not the kind with a built motor, mind you, but the kind with the absolutely bone-stock motor running on heavy 18" wheels with a flimsy body kit that flaps in the wind unbeknownst to the driver. The fart-pipe exhaust that sounds like a hive of bees AND kills off any hope of making torque off the line. It's japanese letters on a Chevy Cavalier, a giant aluminum wing on basically anything, spinners, and a "cold air intake" on a stock engine...mounted directly over the exhaust manifold. Not to mention the kids who think they are fast and weave like morons to prove their point. That's what drives me nuts.

Did I mention that I really like my Honda?

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    Rice rockets. Not the kind with a built motor, mind you, but the kind with the absolutely bone-stock motor running on heavy 18" wheels with a flimsy body kit that flaps in the wind unbeknownst to the driver. The fart-pipe exhaust that sounds like a hive of bees AND kills off any hope of making torque off the line. It's japanese letters on a Chevy Cavalier, a giant aluminum wing on basically anything, spinners, and a "cold air intake" on a stock engine...mounted directly over the exhaust manifold. Not to mention the kids who think they are fast and weave like morons to prove their point. That's what drives me nuts.

Did I mention that I really like my Honda?
    I have a gang of those guys that live near me. They like to ride around with their cars all in line, pop the clutch to bark second, and downshift to brake. I have never seen one of them with a girl in the car. I call them The Slow and the Bi-Curious!

My automotive pet peeve would be SUV's. I park next to one and then when I go to back out, I can't see around it or over it. This then causes me to make another SUV driver mad when I blindly back out in front of them! I think they should be required by law to install another rear view mirror on the back bumper so people can back out of parking spaces! :twisted:

Power User

i hate idiots that go slow in the fast lane then hit their high beams at you when you go around them...mann that peeves me.

Good Citizen
    NEW JERSEY South - about 15 mins from Philly

All show and no Go................An epidemic.........!!!!!!

funny stuff there..............well, if it wasnt so sad...

I parked next to an Eclipse once that had a clear plexiglass hood. Now I was intrigued, so I checked it out. The guy had to spend big bucks on it. All the braided hoses, color coordinated paint. Chrome everywhere. And the outside was sticker free. Awsome paint, nicely done interior. Now I really dont know much about these engines, but it looked nice and I could see a cold air kit and maybe pulleys. So, I figured it may have some Go Goodies. The owner came out and I said hi, showed him my SS. We talked briefly. Then I asked him what it did in the 1/4? He gave me this blank stare..........

Power User

whats a 1/4???? im betting his mrs (mom) wont let him take it down there.....

and having to pre-pay for gas because of all the drive-offs! :twisted:

Yoda of Radar

My auto pet peeve... erm, automatic trannies and when everyone is at a red light and they keep inching forward :x

ricers are the worst, somehow I always end up beating them

Lead Foot

My auto pet peeve, BESIDES slow drivers in the left lane, relates to that of SmartAasSaaber. When you drive stick, even when you are REALLY good at it, if you are on a big hill, you might roll back just a tad. I HATE people that stop right on your bumper whether you are on a hill or not. There is no reason to be 2 inches from my bumper!

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Hi_Officer
    and having to pre-pay for gas because of all the drive-offs! :twisted:
    hey yeah...man I hate that...when I was up in Camerillo (CA) I had to do that but in Seattle and Canada they trust you....dam n california