Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default State of Washington

I would like to know if anybody who lives in Washington state knows the law exactly about front of the car license plates. There has been a few cars with no license plates in the front, like some of the new mustangs and a few vettes with the little cover that says Corvette. The reason I ask is because I have a black cover that says Corvette and I would like to put that on if it is legal. However from what I know, I thought it was illegal to have no front license plate. Why am I seeing some cars w/o front license plates. Plus if I could get away with the black vette cover, There goes an officers chance on nailing me with laser, heh.

Radar Fanatic

I've been seeing the same thing in CT and wondering how they get away with it. Not only do I see LOADS of cars without the front plate, but I see almost as many with an improperly displayed rear plate. A lot of the time they will just stick both by the rear windscreen facing upward so that you can barely read it. It's as if none of the cops care.

Power User

Default Re: State of Washington

Quote Originally Posted by ZO6Vette
    I would like to know if anybody who lives in Washington state knows the law exactly about front of the car license plates. There has been a few cars with no license plates in the front, like some of the new mustangs and a few vettes with the little cover that says Corvette. The reason I ask is because I have a black cover that says Corvette and I would like to put that on if it is legal. However from what I know, I thought it was illegal to have no front license plate. Why am I seeing some cars w/o front license plates. Plus if I could get away with the black vette cover, There goes an officers chance on nailing me with laser, heh.
    They are required and your rolling the dice if you go without one!! I know I had a nice plate that said SVT and was pulled over by the Washington State pooptrol for not displaying a WA plate. Just another way for them to give people more tickets I espically love the super reflective coating they put on the plates great for lidar!! I took a scotch bright pad to mine and really dulled out the finish.

Don

Power User

z06vette

Nice dsm vs vette vid.....havent seen that one yet, it seems though the gsx destroyed him from a dig or mabey the vette was just toying with him 8)

Yoda of Radar

Slip the Corvette cover in over the plate. If you get pulled, walk towards the front of the car, move it upwards and pull it out.

Banned

Holein, what city do you live in again?

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Holein, what city do you live in again?

Boring old Puyallup.

Professional

Ok I am doing it. I am pretty sure it is something minor officers will usually ticket you for, maybe something like actually checking for a trashbag in your car, and they hardly do that, unless the officer is a complete ass. Its not like I can get points on my insurance record so I am not worried. And most likely it would just be a warning not a ticket. I am veiling up my Black corvette cover tonight heavily and going to slap it on my black vette tommorrow. Now I will be probably around 400 feet or less on them getting a reading on me by laser since I will have no front license plate. Only thing I do fear is if they are using laser on me and cant get a reading, they might get pissed and pull me over.

Professional

Are you required to have a trash bag in your car in WA? :?:

Ed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by edweird
    Are you required to have a trash bag in your car in WA? :?:

Ed
    Yes.