Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Anyone know anything about CompuStar alarms?

I have a compustar CM3300 alarm system in my car, and it took a poop on me a while back. Last week someone broke into my car and took my Ipod, left my audio system and my Valentine One, just took the Ipod.

I had been fine with the system not working until it happened. I live and work in a fairly low crime city, so I didnt really feel the need to get it fixed asap until my Ipod was stolen.

Ive checked all the connections, the fuses and tried to reprogram the remote more times than I care to recall. Ive had a couple of installers around here take a look at it and I dont care to pay $300 for diagnostics, plus what it would cost to replace what is broken.

Ive tried to get a new brain from these places but they seem reluctant in selling just the brain without the install services.

Does anyone know what else I should try to fix the current unit, before paying out the ass to have them fix it?

Power User

Default Re: Anyone know anything about CompuStar alarms?

sorry for your loss but thats why I stick to DEI, lifetime warranty FTW. . . ive only ever had one problem, the intaller went in and took care of it I only had to pay for the fuse that was blown

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi666 View Post
    sorry for your loss but thats why I stick to DEI

Street Lawyer

It's my belief that Car Alarms are highly overrated, tinted windows is a better solution IMO

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky225 View Post
    It's my belief that Car Alarms are highly overrated, tinted windows is a better solution IMO
    So they break your windows thinking there is something worth while when there is nothing?

If Im home and my alarm goes off Im running outside with my bat, plus tinted windows dont do **** for car theft. I like my ignition and starter kill, along with a 2 way pager system, they cant drive the car away, and if they try I know about it.

Yoda of Radar

Trunk monkey is the only real solution to car security.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by DogGod View Post
    So they break your windows thinking there is something worth while when there is nothing?

If Im home and my alarm goes off Im running outside with my bat, plus tinted windows dont do **** for car theft. I like my ignition and starter kill, along with a 2 way pager system, they cant drive the car away, and if they try I know about it.

Let's face it, if someone wants in your car they're going to get in. Alarms are nothing more then 2-way radios, crack the signal and they just got into your car without breaking anything or setting it off. To top it off you went high end with the ignition start type that let's you warm up your engine without getting in the car? Great! Now they can start your car remotely, and unless you have a column shift that locks unless your key is turned, drive off. Tinted windows are a much better solution in my opinion, if they can't plainly see that you have something there gonna break into the car parked next to you where they can already see something they want. As for breaking the windows for no reason when there's nothing in there ne ways, that would just be stupid on their part, but at least insurance would cover it.

Street Lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by JDS View Post
    Trunk monkey is the only real solution to car security.
    X2

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DogGod View Post
    I have a compustar CM3300 alarm system in my car, and it took a poop on me a while back. Last week someone broke into my car and took my Ipod, left my audio system and my Valentine One, just took the Ipod.

I had been fine with the system not working until it happened. I live and work in a fairly low crime city, so I didnt really feel the need to get it fixed asap until my Ipod was stolen.

Ive checked all the connections, the fuses and tried to reprogram the remote more times than I care to recall. Ive had a couple of installers around here take a look at it and I dont care to pay $300 for diagnostics, plus what it would cost to replace what is broken.

Ive tried to get a new brain from these places but they seem reluctant in selling just the brain without the install services.

Does anyone know what else I should try to fix the current unit, before paying out the ass to have them fix it?
    The actual CPU of the alarm has a lifetime warranty on it. I would e-mail Compustar. I have a Compustar and just e-mailed them about an issue with mine.

Advanced Member

I'm glad the general population doesn't share your opinions! Tinted windows are a solution to heat... Like Florida and Arizona heat.

Let's face it, if someone wants in your car they're going to get in. Alarms are nothing more then 2-way radios, crack the signal and they just got into your car without breaking anything or setting it off. To top it off you went high end with the ignition start type that let's you warm up your engine without getting in the car? Great! Now they can start your car remotely, and unless you have a column shift that locks unless your key is turned, drive off.
    So much wrong information!!

Tinted windows are a much better solution in my opinion, if they can't plainly see that you have something there gonna break into the car parked next to you where they can already see something they want. As for breaking the windows for no reason when there's nothing in there ne ways, that would just be stupid on their part, but at least insurance would cover it.
    Wow! Just wow!!

X2
    Here in CT, the thieves use tranquilizer darts for dogs, cats, bears, monkeys, cougars, and any other animals you may have left in your car for protection. And if we are talking about that big@ss trunk monkey that leveled those trashcans, 4 bananas should keep him busy.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!