Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Angry Should have known

Early in June I had gotten a used 2004 Dodge Neon. Well ended up just this month giving it back.

I should have known something was wrong when we got the car and we went to the insurance place right up the street to add it on to the policy that the battery died in it. Had to call the car dealership to come and put in a new battery. I should of said no right then and there and just gave the car back!

The drivers side mirror was smashed out when we got it, dealership said no problem we'll take some money off the price and we're ordering a new mirror for you right now and it'll be in next week. Never came in even though they "promised" and ordered it about 4 times.

But hey I needed a car and I wasn't going to be too picky at the time.

Well once I started driving on the interstate once I got up to about 60 the car would start vibrating pretty bad in the steering wheel. Had to replace both front tires by time 2 months went by of owning it.

Then the oil alert would alert at times when you were slowing down to stop at a stop light or sign, also oil was leaking in to where the spark plugs sit at.

The last straw was yesterday when after the snow we got started melting I opened my trunk to find about 3-4 inches of water sitting in the trunk where the spare tire sits and the whole carpet was wet.

Needless to say I don't have that car anymore and will be getting another one in January/February and this time I won't be taken for a "ride" and will be looking at everything closely.

Also going to find a car with cruise control, my foot can't take those 12-13 hour drives from Louisiana to NC anymore although the wife thought it was funny when I'd get out and was hobbling along.

Advanced Member

Default Re: Should have known

Can't handle 12hours driving without cruise control you are lazy.....HAHA cruise control is busted on my volvo so I am use to not having it but now that I am driving the jeep with cruise control its a nice feature when no one else is on the road otherwise I would just use my foot

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob View Post
    Can't handle 12hours driving without cruise control you are lazy
    I'm actually use to driving without cruise control and have done it for all the years I've been driving, none of the cars I've had ever had it. It is actually funny to me when someone who's use to using cruise control would drive and after an hour of driving they would start complaining . Just would be nice for a change to have it though

Radar Fanatic

You should have seen "Dodge" and then "Neon" and walked away. Two strikes right there.

Radar Fanatic

Where you been cooljay? sucks to here about the neon, good thing you got rid of it.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    You should have seen "Dodge" and then "Neon" and walked away.
    X2.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by cooljay View Post
    Early in June I had gotten a used 2004 Dodge Neon. Well ended up just this month giving it back.

I should have known something was wrong when we got the car and we went to the insurance place right up the street to add it on to the policy that the battery died in it. Had to call the car dealership to come and put in a new battery. I should of said no right then and there and just gave the car back!

The drivers side mirror was smashed out when we got it, dealership said no problem we'll take some money off the price and we're ordering a new mirror for you right now and it'll be in next week. Never came in even though they "promised" and ordered it about 4 times.

But hey I needed a car and I wasn't going to be too picky at the time.

Well once I started driving on the interstate once I got up to about 60 the car would start vibrating pretty bad in the steering wheel. Had to replace both front tires by time 2 months went by of owning it.

Then the oil alert would alert at times when you were slowing down to stop at a stop light or sign, also oil was leaking in to where the spark plugs sit at.

The last straw was yesterday when after the snow we got started melting I opened my trunk to find about 3-4 inches of water sitting in the trunk where the spare tire sits and the whole carpet was wet.

Needless to say I don't have that car anymore and will be getting another one in January/February and this time I won't be taken for a "ride" and will be looking at everything closely.

Also going to find a car with cruise control, my foot can't take those 12-13 hour drives from Louisiana to NC anymore although the wife thought it was funny when I'd get out and was hobbling along.
    Awhile back I got a neon for a loaner and the front tires were severly worn, the front did shake. Not a very good car.

Chrysler products are not good products sorry to say.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    You should have seen "Dodge" and then "Neon" and walked away. Two strikes right there.
    How about 1 strike?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by FortyTillFive View Post
    How about 1 strike?
    X2

my father's dodge ram has been running for years on end. 155,xxx and still running strong.

immaculate condition.

Power User

Buy a Honda ! I just only had to replace the battery at 30k. Now i'm at 60k and no problems and my car has been hit 5 times in the last year so i can say it holds up pretty good in collisions and 38 mpg on highway