Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default New Member here :)

So I just purchased a 9500ix, my first radar, and it is awesome. I haven't actually had a chance to really use it since I've had it for one day and haven't even spotted a cop yet! haha well anyways I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my ride that it will be protecting. I'm a member of g35driver, so that's where I got most of my inspiration.

Here's when I first bought my car

Here she is in front of my house :P

Comments and advice are always welcome. My name is Evan and hope to learn some stuff on this forum since I'm a radar noob =D
    Last edited by elayman; 01-14-2009 at 09:22 AM.

Old Timer

Default Re: New Member here :)

very nice and good luck with the 9500ix its a great RD...also i spotted that cold air intake in 2 seconds

Stealthed Like a B-2

Nice pick on the RD bro, couldn't have been a better choice. Your detector is about 100 times better than a cobra which most people usually get.

Beautiful car, and that first pic I could deffinatly tell you live in Cali.

It looks like your into performance modifications too.

Newcomer

haha nice eye.. although the CAIs dont add much to the G35 besides a noise it looks cool

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by YTCD View Post
    Nice pick on the RD bro, couldn't have been a better choice. Your detector is about 100 times better than a cobra which most people usually get.

Beautiful car, and that first pic I could deffinatly tell you live in Cali.

It looks like your into performance modifications too.
    idk if you were being sarcastic but I'm actually more into the visual mods, minus aero things like new bumpers.. I'm young and didn't really want to spend all that money on a bumper/skirts+paint but I love the look of new wheels, and sound of exhaust/intake. But thanks for the good comments! I thought I might as well go big or go home w/ the radar since I had been researching for a couple of weeks now and just bit the bullet and spent the $$ on the 9500ix. I can't say I regret it at all though!

Speedtrap Crasher

Welcome aboard! I think you made a great choice for your area. The 9500ix is going to be very effective for your needs. Awesome car, I love the Infiniti G series no matter the year. Good choice!
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Newcomer

thanks for all of the kind words.. it's a 2005 if anyone is wondering

Stealthed Like a B-2

Ohh I thought you put a few performance mods on it. Im more like you, I go visual first on a car that already has great performance and then go for performance. My order is Countermeasure, Exterior and Interior Looks, Performance, then small things like a sound system, etc.

No good choice, for sure. If you have the money a 9500ci would have been even better, and in cali will come in handy a few times especially against some of CHP tactics but either way your covered for radar quite well. Your going to need a Laser Jammer, and I would reccommend a good jammer for that car, and theirs supposably a new blinder comming out that is going to have a good price tag on it that will perform very well. The 9500ci comes with a LJ that should be "TSP" (Ticket Saving Performance) on that car. If you want the best, currently the Laser Interceptor (LI) is the best.

Later bro

Newcomer

thanks.. and the ci looks like an awesome system but I could definitely not justify spending that much money, and the install looks cumbersome. Anyways I don't speed that much, since I drive mostly city and maybe 25% freeway where this will come in handy. I just thought I'd be a little safer with a detector if I do plan on going over the speed limit.

Stealthed Like a B-2

Quote Originally Posted by elayman View Post
    thanks.. and the ci looks like an awesome system but I could definitely not justify spending that much money, and the install looks cumbersome. Anyways I don't speed that much, since I drive mostly city and maybe 25% freeway where this will come in handy. I just thought I'd be a little safer with a detector if I do plan on going over the speed limit.
    x2, you should be fine especially since you do mostly city driving.