Good Citizen
    NEW JERSEY South - about 15 mins from Philly

Default Full Moon and Drivers acting..............

This kind of goes with my Last post............Whats your Favorite Automotive Pet Peeve........... :twisted:

We just went thru a full moon...............And I swear I can tell when a Full Moon is upon us by the way people drive. I will just start to notice people aiming for me..........in my car or walking..........LOL

They will pull out in front of you with no safety margin, change lanes without caring......all manner of idiotics.............After a couple of these episodes, I will tell my wife..........."FULL MOON". That night.......yepper there it is. All the Automotive Pet Peeves are amplified a 100 times.

Am I imagining this? Or does any one else buy into this....... :roll:

Have fun

Scratonicity Groupie

:shock:

haha I think both of you are correct. I was riding with my roommate last week during the full moon and I thought I had entered the Indy 500. Now usually he just drives as if he's driving in the busch race.

and dear god when snow falls the idiots actually tailgate me more it seems. I had a car last year get so close she slid into me at like 1MPH. Didnt hurt the EVO but I made her pull over and fill out all the paper work like I was going to procescute.

I guess my biggest petpeve and this is only because I've almost died 4 times now for this reason.

When a woman gets behind the wheel of a minivan lord help us all. Lets amplify that with talking on the cellphone. Mix in some kids in the back messing around being kids and you have the worlds most dangerous driver. I was cruising one night enjoying the humidity free air, the new stereo system, just totally relaxed, enjoying the hell out of driving.

When a woman in a minivan on a phone blasts through a redlight that had been red for atleast a minute or more being my light was still green and I had been watching it off in the distance for some time missing me (front right portion of my car) by about 10 feet. Thing is she never braked or relized what she did until I popped a U-Turn, called the cops and stayed with her until they could catch up. Had I been there 10 seconds sooner my passenger / best friend could of died!

2nd Story - almost same as the first! Woman in minivan on cellphone driving beside me in Dover when she just decides she wants my lane i'm driving in. no blinker, traffic is heavy I've got a shoulder to my right and a car on my ass, when she just begins to merge with no clue I'm there so I have to hit the shoulder, almost hitting some dude walking. when she relized, over corrected and almost took out the car that was behind me by braking to hard. again I call the cops, until they catch up, and give my story! Sad thing they always look at me like it was my fault some how because I drive a black japense sports car. so its like I cant win!

I'd share the other but by this point you get the idea!

Moral of my stories if you have a wife and a minivan take her PHONE! and send her to driving classes PLEASE!

Radar Fanatic

I was on my way to school at the beginning of sophomore year in my mom's minivan loaded with all my junk. I was driving past a strip mall when out of nowhere another minivan flies out of a driveway and stops square in front of me. If I hadn't stood on the brakes when I did I would have nailed her door, breaking at least her arm, some ribs and probably a concussion from her head going through the window. I don't know what the hell she was thinking. She just gave me this half-smile "Oops, my bad" look and pulled away while I was shouting every obscenity I could think of. *****.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    :shock:
    When a woman gets behind the wheel of a minivan lord help us all. Lets amplify that with talking on the cellphone. Mix in some kids in the back messing around being kids and you have the worlds most dangerous driver.
    Moral of my stories if you have a wife and a minivan take her PHONE! and send her to driving classes PLEASE!
    Ohh God now you did it........Where is that Soap Box of mine......LOL

Okay, here is a quiz:

If you were to sit at a school zone watching vehicles drive by................what would the incidence of speeding be and by who(m).

I have done this and watched.

I guarantee you the most flagrant violaters are woman in vans, suvs, volvo wagons ( sorry admin.... that are loaded with kids and are late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I swear some of them do 50 plus right in front of the school.

DUH..........and I get tickets for *** in a 65 with no traffic............DUH.... :twisted:
    Have fun

Radar Fanatic

Yeah going back to the snowflake thing, just be glad you dont live in GA. and if you do youll understand this. as soon as a snowflake hits the ground here every grocery store is out of water, toilet paper, bread, and beer. and all driving rules are forgotten. the state goes in to a state of emergency and all schools are shut down (im not kidding) if 1/4"+ of snow falls. its crazy lol. we had about 1/2 fall last year and everyone went nuts. i went to a friends house and did AWD burnouts in my navi . Im from Maryland so it doesnt really bother me.

Good Citizen

So during a full moon, with a snow storm.........stay away from anyone wearing a turban on their head with a wide eyed expression.........and driving a Volvo with Diplomatic plates??

Good Citizen

I knew you would not resist a post with Volvo in it..........

hmm Would you settle for Ham RAdio Plates...... :wink:

Have fun...............

Professional

So your telling me that since Full Moon's cause people to drive unsafely that most likely police officers could possibly be keeping a closer eye out those nights on some drivers and quite possibly their speed as well? What a great night to take a drive and use my detector than!!!!

Good Citizen

Hmm.............I think Police Officers are always Under the influence of the Moon, Full or not........
    Has to do with all the hardware they carry........hehe

Maybe Roy can verify this................?......

I think you need to garage that Z during full moons......... :roll:

How come we have not heard any " I dont normally race stories" lately.?

Holding out on us huh.........

Have fun

Experienced

LOL, it's funny. Here is Phoenix we have no snow. What we do have once in a while is rain. People out here drive in the rain just like people drive in the first snow. Some of them will slow to half the speed limit, others will tailgate beyond reason. Some just can't see their lane anymore and are all over the road. Me I'm just crazy and go around all of them. I do however afford myself braking distance. This appears to be a problem for some.

You know they have done studies on cell phones now that show it does in fact impair peoples ability to drive. Even if all they are doing is listening. It's not about having one hand holding the phone either, it takes away from your ability to focus on driving. Combine that with the wrong song being on the radio and the kids in the back acting like wild animals and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

I for one don't want anyone even talking to me while I drive. I often don't bother with the radio even. With the way I drive I don't have a split second to take my eyes off the road. Once in a blue moon I'll use the cell phone while driving. That is normally only for like 30 seconds. I hate using it as I know it messes with my ability to be myself.