Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default spanked by a trans am...

so i pull up to this gold t/a at a redlight in my girlfriends 08 eclipse gt..ok, im thinkin it will be kinda even and fair race..we have a good half mile of road in front of us, non residental..so the light turns green, i slighty step into the throttle, but wheels spin(oh sh!t)so i ease back and go full force,so far im in front, well there just happend to be cars in front of him in the right lane so i passed those cars and slowed down to wait for him..we are going about 50 and we are neck to neck..he revs and i stomp it back down. for about 3 seconds were even until he shifted, then poof...i have dust in face...he left me like nothing..darnn...it was fun anyways..though he looked stupid with his whistler facing towards the sky ...btw he had what i believe was a 02 t/a ws6 w/ exhaust, headers, definatly a cam, suspension, and tires all upgraded, i was in a stock 08 eclipse gt with the factory air still in the tires ...

Legal in 41 States

Default Re: spanked by a trans am...

Why did you post this? Even a 92 stock t/a would beat a stock eclipse.

Speed Demon

eh, thought some of the guys might get a good laugh or something..idk..just to share a story about CAR TALK...i knew i was gonna get beat, but why not have a little fun..

Old Timer

i no this doesnt relate but i saw a black GT-R the other day and literally my jaw dropped and they guy was laughin haha...but yea the ws6 is pretty fast in a straight line

Old Timer

That's why you need a Bushnell (Ka gun is better) with you at all times.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO View Post
    That's why you need a Bushnell (Ka gun is better) with you at all times.
    LOL! You can then beat all ricers with that little tool if their Crapra will alert to it. Might be kinda difficult with it pointed to the sky but you never know.

On another note, I saw a nice black pickup truck in the parking lot the other day with a V1

Experienced

I always keep a cobra and just plug it in when i see other cobras it false s on them my 9500ix doesn't i am not sure about whistler.

Speed Demon

do those bushnell guns actually work relatively well? for vehicles and not baseball..lol...and also on the note of the GT-R...here in abilene there are two of em..one red nismo one that the owner of the dealership owns then they have a white one in the showroom..beautiful car..i just saw the 370z the other day and love that car..

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by texasspeed View Post
    do those bushnell guns actually work relatively well? for vehicles and not baseball..lol...and also on the note of the GT-R...here in abilene there are two of em..one red nismo one that the owner of the dealership owns then they have a white one in the showroom..beautiful car..i just saw the 370z the other day and love that car..

Love the 370z but the GT-R is overrated. Dropping warranties for using launch control? I'll probably never buy a Nissan after that. Stand by your product.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by REBinc View Post
    Why did you post this? Even a 92 stock t/a would beat a stock eclipse.
    +1. The current gen Eclipse is not a fast car at all.