Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Professional

I thought it was great. The 3 giant fart can pics, the wing that is really huge! The pic of the car that had the giant wing in the front near the ground, can you imagine trying to park your car front ways in a parking lot, you would take your wing out or have to park 10 feet back and the one where the honda got stuck on the tiny bump hehe, they were all great, funny vid.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman
    Did I miss something here?? :?: Where was there any mention of stereotyping going on here?

Where was it mentioned about any race, person or creed and reference to the owners of these types of cars??
    yeah i think i missed something too. ill try and clear one thing up here

the definition of RICER

Ricer- 1.One who adds pointless and stupid mods (i.e. stickers, bodykit, or a wing on a FWD car) on their car which only hurts their performance. 2. a 17 year old kid with a automatic 99' civic DX with a "high-performance" (fartcan) exhaust, who is weeving in and out of traffic cuz he thinks he can drive. this vid explains both http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....erm=ricers&p=0

Good Citizen

I happen to be a fan of all kinds of cars.....I have respect for any car that is tastfully done performance/looks wise...Import or Domestic......Yes, the cars in the vid are "over the top" and I don't care for that style, but I don't go around bashing someone elses taste...It may make me laugh when I see it, but that's just someone who is exprssing his/her own taste in vehicles..Mostly kids... I tend to come across a lot of domestic drivers hating on anything other than american made muscle...It's cool, everyone has his own opinion, but if you consider yourself a car enthusiest, you should have a open mind to any design, make or model...I drive a civic (not fixed up) and I'm very happy with it and it's quality.. Even if I was to put some wheels and maybe an exhaust (Not the loud coffee can kind) on my car, would that automatically make me a "ricer"?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by riley2638
    I happen to be a fan of all kinds of cars.....I have respect for any car that is tastfully done performance/looks wise...Import or Domestic......Yes, the cars in the vid are "over the top" and I don't care for that style, but I don't go around bashing someone elses taste...It may make me laugh when I see it, but that's just someone who is exprssing his/her own taste in vehicles..Mostly kids... I tend to come across a lot of domestic drivers hating on anything other than american made muscle...It's cool, everyone has his own opinion, but if you consider yourself a car enthusiest, you should have a open mind to any design, make or model...I drive a civic (not fixed up) and I'm very happy with it and it's quality.. Even if I was to put some wheels and maybe an exhaust (Not the loud coffee can kind) on my car, would that automatically make me a "ricer"?
    Im the same as you. i have respect for anyone that has TASTEFULLY modified there car. I love imports, a buddy of mine has a 240sx another has a STI, and another has an Accord. I was actually looking at buying a modified Civic one time, because it LOOKED good, it had some engine mods and quite a few exterior mods, but it all went together and it looked very nice (except the guy wanted $14G and it was and Automatic). And no that would not make you a ricer.

Power User

http://media.putfile.com/Anti-Rice-video :mrgreen: vtec

Electric supercharger! Gives you an extra 7 whp!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    Im the same as you. i have respect for anyone that has TASTEFULLY modified there car. I love imports, a buddy of mine has a 240sx another has a STI, and another has an Accord. I was actually looking at buying a modified Civic one time, because it LOOKED good, it had some engine mods and quite a few exterior mods, but it all went together and it looked very nice (except the guy wanted $14G and it was and Automatic). And no that would not make you a ricer.
    Yeah, my friend just put about $6,500 in his EVO VIII...It scares me to drive it...I have driven so many cars, (Supercharged Cobra, a couple of SS, etc...) but that car is just crazy..It's amazing how you can get high HP and TQ # out of a 4 banger these days

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    Yeah, my friend just put about $6,500 in his EVO VIII...It scares me to drive it...I have driven so many cars, (Supercharged Cobra, a couple of SS, etc...) but that car is just crazy..It's amazing how you can get high HP and TQ # out of a 4 banger these days
    no kidding. my buddy with the 240 is about to put a SR20DET motor in it shortly. one of his buddys put a LS1 in his 240 :shock: . very fast.

Professional

Someone always has to play the PC card.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRed
    Someone always has to play the PC card.
    you lost me with that one.

Professional

pc=politically correct.

someone took the term "ricer" and made a big deal out of it when we were just trying to have some fun.