Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Bugatti Veyron on topgear.... tomorrow!

I *cannot* get my fix.... tomorrow I may actually pass out from excitement.

Check it out
    http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...0873_1,00.html
    http://www.autocar.co.uk/FirstDrive_....asp?RT=217427

Here is the preview:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2647&q=bugatti

Some highlights
    Happily, stopping distances become irrelevant because you won’t see the obstacle in the first place. By the time you know it was there, you’ll have gone through the windscreen, through the Pearly Gates and be half way across God’s breakfast table.
    You might want to ponder that for a moment. Covering the length of a football pitch, in a second, in a car. And then you might want to think about the braking system. A VW Polo will generate 0.6g if you stamp on the middle pedal hard. You get that from the air brake alone on a Veyron. Factor in the carbon ceramic discs and you will pull up from 250mph in just 10sec. Sounds good, but in those 10sec you’ll have covered a third of a mile.
    So picture this. A long, long stretch of dual carriageway, two cars simmering beside each other at one end of it; a McLaren F1 plus a weird, insect-like machine with four huge tyres, an absurd number of scoops and winglets along the flanks and across the roof, plus a distinctive white-and-red badge on the nose that reads ‘Bugatti.’

Out of nowhere the McLaren’s rear tyres suddenly light up and, after an eruption of V12 engine wail and wheelspin, it is gone, accelerating towards the far horizon. After 3.2sec it hits 60mph, after 6.3sec it reaches 100mph and after 10sec it passes 135mph. At which point the Bugatti sets off.

But the thing you’ll really struggle to get your head round, the statistic you’ll be boring your mates with for some years to come, is this; despite setting off 10 seconds after the McLaren – when the F1 is already travelling at 130mph – the Bugatti reaches 200mph at exactly the same time as the F1. Think about that. I have. And I still can’t quite fathom how rapid the Veyron must be to pull it off.

Last vid:
    http://movies.autoexpress.co.uk/evo/261005bugatti.mov (watch the end where they run it up to 210... just HOLY GOD)

This car, what a work of art...

Yoda of Radar

The Bugatti(Volkswagon) Veyron is a pretty amazing machine (for top speed). (Granted it is now rather old news in the car industry) people are still amazed by it when I talk to them about it.

W16Engine (1,000-1010HP depending on your source.)
    Just over 1.25 gallons of fuel consumed per minute (at full throttle).

Specs as far as speed:
    0-60=3flat. (Not bad, average 1K rocket will win everytime by .2ish)
    0-180=About 13.5 seconds (she starts to fly mid/top range)
    I think 4 turbos (correct me if im wrong someone...as I said its old news so I forgot a lot of the specs, gotta wait for those turbos to spool ).

I dnk I dont remember a lot it was big news when it was first unveiled, but now not so much...now there are a few competitors already looking to overthrow the Veyron, so it is being overshadowed somewhat for what they have in store.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore
    The Bugatti(Volkswagon) Veyron is a pretty amazing machine (for top speed). (Granted it is now rather old news in the car industry) people are still amazed by it when I talk to them about it.

Specs as far as speed:
    I think 4 turbos (correct me if im wrong someone...as I said its old news so I forgot a lot of the specs, gotta wait for those turbos to spool ).

I dnk I dont remember a lot it was big news when it was first unveiled, but now not so much...now there are a few competitors already looking to overthrow the Veyron, so it is being overshadowed somewhat for what they have in store.

Save yourself $750,000 and get a twin turbo saleen S7, 0-60 2.8 sec and it looks better too!!!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by holein1

Specs as far as speed:

Save yourself $750,000 and get a twin turbo saleen S7, 0-60 2.8 sec and it looks better too!!!
    No thanks. Personally I would rather save myself $985,000 and buy a new rocket (shave it some) go 0-60 in 2.7, 103mph in first gear of 6, and be able to do wheelies/endos and girls love bikes WAYYYY more.

Not to mention twisties are A LOT more fun on bikes then in cars.

Lead Foot

No thanks. Personally I would rather save myself $985,000 and buy a new rocket (shave it some) go 0-60 in 2.7, 103mph in first gear of 6, and be able to do wheelies/endos and girls love bikes WAYYYY more.
    :P

Bugatti is faster at the Top End than bikes, and the diamonds in the speedo needle shout attract women

Radar Fanatic

Makes me really wish I could still watch Top Gear in the US. Discovery dropped it...don't know if I'll ever forgive them.

Yoda of Radar

Radar Fanatic

OMG. Saabr, I think you are my new hero. .

Yoda of Radar

Nice. Now we just gotta get you out of that Honda :wink:

Lead Foot

This episode is OUT!

http://www.mininova.org/tor/174930

WOOHOOO!