Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ride

Good Citizen

Default New Ride

Picked this up as a graduation gift to myself and since I will be moving Wichita soon. 11k out the door, well broken in (read 136k mi, and some dents and dings). Thing is great so much fun to drive on and off road. Protecting it will be a PITA though!!!

Professional

Default Re: New Ride

Alright an SUV! Congrats!
    With dents and dings already, i wouldn't worry about protecting it, though it does look good in those pics!

Offhand you don't say what make-model, but if you picked up a JEEP instead, i can tell you from personal expereince with a 136K miles, it wouldn't even be broken in yet!
    :

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MOPARado View Post
    With dents and dings already, i wouldn't worry about protecting it, though it does look good in those pics!

Offhand you don't say what make-model, but if you picked up a JEEP instead, i can tell you from personal expereince with a 136K miles, it wouldn't even be broken in yet!
    :
    Oh yeah jeez my bad its an 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Experienced

Witchita, eh? Well, looks like your stumblin into my neck of the woods. With a nice ride to boot!

Disclaimer: My neck of the woods has no grounding in reality and seems to include western Arkansas, all of Oklahoma, every large city in Texas except El Paso and the southern half of Kansas. Moving from the east coast to the center of the country warped my sense of distance!

If you ask me, though 136k is a lot for milage for 2-3 years. But then again, I have a 01 camry that hasn't even broken 50.

Newcomer

Hence why he got a good deal on it, that is a crap ton of miles in 3 years. Not a lot for a Toyota, but I've never had an FJ.

Clean title too right? In the Northwest, that is still below dealer wholesale numbers. Nice buy.

Newcomer

Time for some off-roading.

Experienced

Yup, off-roading.

Good Citizen

haha that is awesome.

Yeah ran a carfax on it before buying. Saw dealership service at least if no sooner than every 10k miles and clean title/history.

Newcomer

Planning to lift it?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by MOPARado View Post

:
    WRANGLER!! and that toyota lifted and off roading...hummm that would be a sight... ive actually never seen one lifted on road.. there might be a reason for that