Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW help?

Speed Demon

Default BMW help?

Ok so my buddy got a new job and his boss drives a new 335i (e92 i think) Anyways, the boss was bragging that is was a "better" 335i than the rest of them. Well, at first (his boss is gay) I thought this guy is thinking since it has a sunroof it is "better". But he was talking speed and numbers. I looked at it and it is indeed "special" except I don't know BMW's that well. It is based on a 335i, it is black with factory black emblems, it is also lower. Now everything on it is factory, but custom. He mentioned twin turbo. The only thing I could find is that is a special edition biturbo e92 with 414hp etc... Really close to m3. Can anyone educate me on this bmw and maybe find a price?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: BMW help?

Quote Originally Posted by texasspeed View Post
    Ok so my buddy got a new job and his boss drives a new 335i (e92 i think) Anyways, the boss was bragging that is was a "better" 335i than the rest of them. Well, at first (his boss is gay) I thought this guy is thinking since it has a sunroof it is "better". But he was talking speed and numbers. I looked at it and it is indeed "special" except I don't know BMW's that well. It is based on a 335i, it is black with factory black emblems, it is also lower. Now everything on it is factory, but custom. He mentioned twin turbo. The only thing I could find is that is a special edition biturbo e92 with 414hp etc... Really close to m3. Can anyone educate me on this bmw and maybe find a price?
    I don't know much about BMW's, but I think they introduced the 335i twin turbo around '07. Yeah, I'd say it's better than a non twin turbo 335i ... but I'd still take an M3 coupe or Z4M all day, any day.

Speed Demon

Im gonna have to snap a picture of this thing. He said you can make from Frisco, Texas to downtown Dallas in 13 minutes. That is taking Dallas north tollway all the way. Now Frisco is a good probably 30 miles to downtown. Im just really wary about his "talk". I am definatly going to ride in it. I won't mind that he's gay, it's a nice a$$ car

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I don't know much about BMW's, but I think they introduced the 335i twin turbo around '07. Yeah, I'd say it's better than a non twin turbo 335i ... but I'd still take an M3 coupe or Z4M all day, any day.
    335i is only turbo... no other option.
    ---
    Where did it say special at?

Speed Demon

Well, it didn't exactly say "special" anywhere. I should have rephrased that. Special to me is, custom or rare. Being that his is a blacked out twin turbo factory I considered it special. I couldn't find anything on the net about it though. He bought it in Utah from a BMW dealer so there is nothing but factory on the car.

Power User

I thought homos drove VWs' ?

Good Citizen

I call BS on the boss...if by "factory black emblems" you mean he is saying got the car off the showroom floor in Utah, brand new with black emblems then that is strike one, because to my knowledge BMW does not do that, chrome/silver only...black is aftermarket (either a black overlay on the stock ones or aftermarket black badges). As far as being lower, unless its actually an M3 with 335i badges (which no one in their right mind would do) or one of the new 335is models (that are not even out yet until the spring)...then that means it is also aftermarket, and strike two. The only thing its got going that seems somewhat plausible is that he managed to say that it was a 335 and a twin turbo, other than that its BS if he saying its all factory. If he insists that he bought it from a dealer like it is now, then he bought it used...and someone else did everything to it.

Hope it helps!

-Ryan

Speed Demon

I don't know guys. I mean it has the BMW dealer tags on it. The emblems I do question, but car companies nowadays, you just never know about. Here is a link, it looks EXACTLY like this(body, lower, everything except black)

RDSport RS35 Biturbo Based on E92 BMW 335i

All I could find is that is right under the M3. I'll get more in depth info tomorrow hopefully and maybe go for a ride.

Radar Fanatic

If he had black emblems than BS for sure. It could be somewhat lower with an optional performance package but it wouldn't be slammed and I don't know if it would even be lower than the standard sport suspension. On the e46 the perfomance and sport packages both have the same ride height.

Speed Demon

Alright. So alot of you are calling on the emblems. That's why I asked ya'll. Cause I said BS in the start, but just somehow you know, I still think it's BS, but that little bit in the back of my head says true. Hopefully I will find out today. I am going to quiz the sucker to no end. I want to see the d@mn window sticker!