Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    snoopyc4
    Guest

    Default TopGear: BMW M5 Review

    Part 1:

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRwR1WH0rR8&feature=channel]YouTube - BMW M5 roadtest part 1 - Top Gear - BBC[/ame]

    Part 2:

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnZVkdzXzFQ&feature=channel]YouTube - BMW M5 roadtest part 2 - Top Gear - BBC[/ame]

  2. #2
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: TopGear: BMW M5 Review

    I firmly believe the E60 M5 with that sweet S85 engine is too much for the US highway, that S85 is an F1 derived engine (incredibly marvelous technological achievement) where it really shines on the higher rpms but try to redline on the 3rd gear and you will be going straight to jail and have your car towed if you get pulled over. No where in the US to really "use" the car to even it's minimum potential, I often laughed when I see them in NYC sitting in traffic, that poor poor S85

  3. #3
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    595

    Default Re: TopGear: BMW M5 Review

    Huge fan of all of the M-Series vehicles but recently the new AMGs have been grabbing my attention, especially the E-63.

  4. #4
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: TopGear: BMW M5 Review

    Not a fan of the larger cars, but i love the M series. BMW does an amazing job of making it feel like you're driving something that weighs half as much. And that goes for all their models.

    Im still a firm believer that the bmws made around 1999-2003 were the best drivers cars bmw ever put out. Across all the series manufactured then. Now they've just kind of diluted the brand and spread themselves too thin.

  5. #5
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,421

    Default Re: TopGear: BMW M5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Footr View Post
    Im still a firm believer that the bmws made around 1999-2003 were the best drivers cars bmw ever put out. Across all the series manufactured then. Now they've just kind of diluted the brand and spread themselves too thin.

    they've refined them too much. instead of making cars for "drivers" they are making cars for the "average". way to many electronic gizmos. and whats with the "M" button? thats just gay. the car is an M5 it should only have one mode "max performance" all the time. if people want a soft ride or lower performance go buy a Buick or a base 5 because you can bet that 90% of the people that buy these things in the US never push the "M" button. they buy them for the status symbol. That's what has happened to BMW they have gone from a drivers car to a status symbol.
    Last edited by lugnuts; 06-06-2010 at 08:29 AM.
    Rod Blagojevich: I'm Lawful, 'Feel Free' To Tape Me

    chad dornsife for president in 2012!!!


  6. #6
    Power User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On the big road
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: TopGear: BMW M5 Review



    One of the best looking cars ever. It could've been THE BEST looking car ever if it didn't have such a jellybean looking roofline/greenhouse...

    Sure, the new M5 is a monster but it just doesn't warrant that "second glance" response that a really nice looking car elicits.

  7. #7
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SoCal - OC Style
    Posts
    2,482

    Default Re: TopGear: BMW M5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticZen View Post
    I firmly believe the E60 M5 with that sweet S85 engine is too much for the US highway, that S85 is an F1 derived engine (incredibly marvelous technological achievement) where it really shines on the higher rpms but try to redline on the 3rd gear and you will be going straight to jail and have your car towed if you get pulled over. No where in the US to really "use" the car to even it's minimum potential, I often laughed when I see them in NYC sitting in traffic, that poor poor S85
    Way too big and too heavy for me, but I disagree with the statement that you can't really "use" the car in the U.S.

    Pick your spots and/or find a proper track (meaning not a parking lot or drag strip, LOL). Laguna, Willow Springs ... I'd find that redline

  8. #8
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    990

    Default Re: TopGear: BMW M5 Review

    have u seen the Jaguar XFR review by top gear? That is a sexy, fast, yet not so fast looking car.

    5.0 Supercharged V-8 mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

  9. #9
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Re: TopGear: BMW M5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by srtga View Post


    One of the best looking cars ever. It could've been THE BEST looking car ever if it didn't have such a jellybean looking roofline/greenhouse...

    Sure, the new M5 is a monster but it just doesn't warrant that "second glance" response that a really nice looking car elicits.
    I totally agree here. This was one of the best looking and best performing sedans the M division came out with, and you could have got it with a 6 MT. The cool thing is that you can find them for under 20K now.

  10. #10
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: TopGear: BMW M5 Review

    The E39 was undoubtedly one of the best looking cars on the road, made to look even better by the appearance of the E60. Nice to see the new F10 has been de-Bangled.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TopGear: Jeremy Goes Cruising
    By snoopyc4 in forum Car Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 09:35 AM
  2. TopGear: BMW X6 Review
    By snoopyc4 in forum Car Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 09:00 PM
  3. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 08:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •