Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Just test drove a Pontiac G8 GT :)

So I've always wanted a Pontiac G8 GT. Since I won this Camaro I can now make my dream of having one come true . I thought about saving some money and getting a Camaro SS but I'd rather have a sedan and a car with a sexier design. This thing is a blast! So much power! 361 HP/25 MPG/RWD/SEXY makes it the perfect sedan. Does anyone else have a Pontiac G8 GT?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Just test drove a Pontiac G8 GT :)

Quote Originally Posted by SteadySpeedin View Post
    So I've always wanted a Pontiac G8 GT. Since I won this Camaro I can now make my dream of having one come true . I thought about saving some money and getting a Camaro SS but I'd rather have a sedan and a car with a sexier design. This thing is a blast! So much power! 361 HP/25 MPG/RWD/SEXY makes it the perfect sedan. Does anyone else have a Pontiac G8 GT?
    i also test drove one and i have to agree with you they are sick but the one thing is they do not make pontiac anymore so the price of that car is gonna sky rocket in a several years right? since some of them wont be around anymore, so it is a good idea but for some reason that SS is still calling have you drove the SS? you'll be impressed haha but if you do want that sedan go with that G8

Power User

I would get a 2011 5.0 Mustang ! Just go drive one

Experienced

I have the G8 GXP with a manual trans and still very happy with the purchase.

Power User

Yea!! I have a buddy who just got one about a month ago. His is an auto.

I've been meaning to get by there and check it out.

Yoda of Radar

I'm confused as hell. What the **** do you need a big 4-door family sedan for? Much less a big 4-door family sedan AND a pony car? Do you have a wife and three kids we've never heard about?

And no, the discontinuation of the Pontiac brand does not mean that the G8s are going to somehow become incredibly valuable...it means that they're going to depreciate ten times as fast as they already would have, which is saying a lot.

Also, if you show up here with two torque converters, I'm going to smack you.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by JDS View Post
    I'm confused as hell. What the **** do you need a big 4-door family sedan for? Much less a big 4-door family sedan AND a pony car? Do you have a wife and three kids we've never heard about?

And no, the discontinuation of the Pontiac brand does not mean that the G8s are going to somehow become incredibly valuable...it means that they're going to depreciate ten times as fast as they already would have, which is saying a lot.

Also, if you show up here with two torque converters, I'm going to smack you.
    No wife or kids...it's just a lot sexier and drives a lot better than the camaro. I wouldn't keep both...I would be selling the camaro to get the G8. When I do come down I guess you'll just have to smack me

Radar Fanatic

Did you consider the Lexus IS-350 or the IS-F??

I don't have a family and already had a 4 door sedan. It's just easier to take your friends with you on a trip or to the club.

You're 18 and you won a Camaro??? Thats awesome.

Newcomer

A friend of mine has a G8 GXP - it has the most comfortable headrests of any car ever. Seriously. It also is Fast As **** and looks good. I'd say go for it - sedans that are as nice and fast and afforable as the G8's are hard to come by.