Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default The new lexus IS...

Thoughts? I think its a darn big step up from the old one, and you get ALOT if you put some money in the extras. Paddle shift SMG is pretty sexy, as is ventilated perforated leather, smartkey, rain sensing wipers, among other things.

The IS 350 is pretty fast too, its close to as fast as the previous body style BMW 540i.

Good Citizen

The new model was long overdo and finally gives Lexus the performance to go with the looks. Hopefully they will make an L-tuned version to go against the M-series. I also like the styling of the new GS series.

Good Citizen

I drove both the IS 250 and IS 350. The IS 250 is good for the money, but it was slooooow. I went into the IS 350 and was real impressed with its power. Handling was good, be prepared to go through some tires though. The interior was nice and snug and the paddles were fun. The new design is awesome, they finally made the car grow up. All and all, a good step for Lexus. They are finally nippin at the heals of there German counterparts.

Professional

the is350 is now my new dream car. it's really amazing!

but here in HK they won't have the IS350 for long time. The IS300 didn't come out until few years after the IS200 did. Here they have something else called the RS200, which is exactly like the IS200 but it's engine is really powerful, 210 horsepower without a turbo or supercharger.

Yoda of Radar

2 pedals on a car is lame

Good Citizen

"2 pedals on a car is lame"

Depends on how much traffic there is!

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by K03

agree lol. having to drive a stick on 285 and 400 in ATL during rush hour, you really wish you had an auto

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by A-TownNavi
    Quote Originally Posted by K03

agree lol. having to drive a stick on 285 and 400 in ATL during rush hour, you really wish you had an auto
    Personally:
    I dont mind driving a standard in rush hour/traffic jams it's like any other driving its 2nd nature... I dont even think about it.

I also like the fact that you have more control driving a standard, not to mention also having better gas mileage and more HP transfered to the ground.

Yoda of Radar

There ya go AirMoore, my sentiments exactly (and we have traffic here!)

Lead Foot

SMG is not an auto. You pick the gear still. You can just keep both hands on the wheel

Don't get me wrong, I know how to drive stick, love it, and appreciate the control, but there is a reason F1 cars are equipped with SMGs and paddle shifters. Plus, it's really nice to be able to have the option of "auto" when you need to use the cell phone or something.

It's also nice that the SMGs dont have nearly as much power loss as the autos do... afaik there is no TC in the lexus SMG to waste HP.