Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default My review of the 2011 Camaro and 2010 Challenger

So, I have owned a 2011 Camaro, and I have driven a 2010 Challenger for the past few days. I would just like to point out some pros and cons of both. Here we go...

2011 Camaro

Pros:

*312 HP - This thing hauls ass

*17 MPG City / 28 MPG Highway

*Good looking

*Visibility is surprisingly good

*Kick ass seats

Cons:

*Top speed limited to 118, unless you upgrade to the RS package. I believe the RS package takes it up to 155 MPH.

*Cheap interior

2010 Challenger

Pros:

*Cool cup holders that light up

Cons:

*Drives terribly

*250 HP Are you f***ing kidding me?

*17 MPG City / 25 MPG Highway

*Looks like s**t

*Cheap interior

*Visibility sucks ass

So, since I have driven the Challenger, as well as a few other Dodges in the past, I have come to the conclusion that majority of cars that dodge makes are s***ty. (**Fixed) If you are going to drop 20 somethin thousand on a new vehicle, and you are debating between a Camaro or a Challenger, the only choice is the Camaro. You get much more performance and value for your money.
    Last edited by SteadySpeedin; 12-07-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: My review of the 2011 Camaro and 2010 Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by SteadySpeedin View Post

*Good looking

*Kick ass seats

Cons:

*Top speed limited to 118, unless you upgrade to the RS package. I believe the RS package takes it up to 155 MPH.

*Cheap interior

2010 Challenger

Pros:

Cons:

*Drives terribly

*Looks like s**t

*Cheap interior

*Visibility sucks ass

So, I have come to the conclusion that dodge can't make a car for s**t.
    You drove one base model challenger as a rental and you conclude the entire Dodge company can't make cars for sh*t? Come on man, do you really think that's a fair assessment? I understand if you prefer your camaro, but that's quite a bold statement.

Also, did you really notice the extra 3 MPG on the highway, or are you just comparing brochure specs?

BTW, what about the challenger looks like sh*t? I think they're both nice looking vehicles.
    Last edited by Weeth; 12-07-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Weeth View Post
    So, I have owned a 2011 Camaro, and I have driven a 2010 Challenger for the past few days. I would just like to point out some pros and cons of both. Here we go...

2011 Camaro

Pros:

*Good looking

*Kick ass seats

Cons:

*Cheap interior

2010 Challenger

Pros:

Cons:

*Drives terribly

*Looks like s**t

*Cheap interior

*Visibility sucks ass

So, I have come to the conclusion that dodge can't make a car for s**t. If you are going to drop 20 somethin thousand on a new vehicle, and you are debating between a Camaro or a Challenger, the only choice is the Camaro. You get much more performance and value for your money.
    You drove one base model challenger as a rental and you conclude the entire Dodge company can't make cars for sh*t? Come on man, do you really think that's a fair assessment? I understand if you prefer your camaro, but that's quite a bold statement.

Also, did you really notice the extra 3 MPG on the highway, or are you just comparing brochure specs?

BTW, what about the challenger looks like sh*t? I think they're both nice looking vehicles.
    Well, I have driven the challenger, the 300, the Intrepid, and the Avenger. Maybe my assesment was broad, but the majority of their cars are ****ty. As far as MPG goes, not only is it 3 more MPG on the highway, it's also an extra 62 HP. 17/25 figures for a 250 HP engine are pathetic. I'm not a fan of the challenger design. It's really not appealing at all.

Professional

2010 Challenger

Pros:

Cons:

*Drives terribly

*Looks like s**t

*Cheap interior

*Visibility sucks ass

So, I have come to the conclusion that dodge can't make a car for s**t. If you are going to drop 20 somethin thousand on a new vehicle, and you are debating between a Camaro or a Challenger, the only choice is the Camaro. You get much more performance and value for your money.
    Don't candy coat it. Just tell us how you really feel.

Power User

When it comes to modern cars, Dodge is a verb. We've had okay luck with their trucks but everything else just plain sucked. I've always noticed their sub par interiors. All their plastics and the huge gaps between panels look like crap.
    Last edited by v1user; 12-07-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Weeth View Post

2011 Camaro

Pros:

*Good looking

*Kick ass seats

Cons:

*Cheap interior

2010 Challenger

Pros:

Cons:

*Drives terribly

*Looks like s**t

*Cheap interior

*Visibility sucks ass

Well, I have driven the challenger, the 300, the Intrepid, and the Avenger. Maybe my assesment was broad, but the majority of their cars are ****ty. As far as MPG goes, not only is it 3 more MPG on the highway, it's also an extra 62 HP. 17/25 figures for a 250 HP engine are pathetic. I'm not a fan of the challenger design. It's really not appealing at all.
    Once again, another broad statement... That's not the majority of their cars! I'd bet that those MPG and horsepower figures are close to that of your TL, which I'm sure we'd agree is not pathetic. Plus, the challenger's cheaper and takes regular fuel.

In terms of appealing, that's a matter of personal preference, so I won't argue there. I think both the challenger and camaro have bad visibility.

Also, dodge is coming out with a new engine for 2011 to better compete with your 2011 camaro. (Notice the cars you compared are different years) It's a 3.6 w/305 hp!

But once again, I don't want a chevy vs. dodge debate, as I'm a fan of both cars.

Radar Fanatic

Once again, another broad statement... That's not the majority of their cars!
    No, it's not, but no one I know has had any luck with dodge vehicles.

I'd bet that those MPG and horsepower figures are close to that of your TL, which I'm sure we'd agree is not pathetic. Plus, the challenger's cheaper and takes regular fuel.
    My TL's figures are slightly better, but you have to take into account the fact that the engine was produced in 2005. 5 years is an awfully long time to research ways to make a more efficient 6 banger, not take a step backwards.

I think both the challenger and camaro have bad visibility.
    Have you actually driven both though? The Camaro does have better visibility believe it or not.

Also, dodge is coming out with a new engine for 2011 to better compete with your 2011 camaro. (Notice the cars you compared are different years) It's a 3.6 w/305 hp!
    I wasn't aware of that. I guess Dodge is stepping their game up.

Radar Fanatic

Once again, another broad statement... That's not the majority of their cars!
    No, it's not, but no one I know has had any luck with dodge vehicles.

I'd bet that those MPG and horsepower figures are close to that of your TL, which I'm sure we'd agree is not pathetic. Plus, the challenger's cheaper and takes regular fuel.
    My TL's figures are slightly better, but you have to take into account the fact that the engine was produced in 2005. 5 years is an awfully long time to research ways to make a more efficient 6 banger, not take a step backwards.

I think both the challenger and camaro have bad visibility.
    Have you actually driven both though? The Camaro does have better visibility believe it or not.

I wasn't aware of that. I guess Dodge is stepping their game up.

I'm sorry that your friends haven't been lucky with dodges. I understand how that would make you feel towards dodge. Personal experience goes a long way in car opinions!

Now, the 3.5 has some history before the challenger. The same high output 3.5 used in the challenger was used as an optional engine for the chrysler 300 which was introduced back in 2005. It's tuned a little differently, but it's basically the same as they're both on big body lx platforms. So dodge really didn't step back, but stepped forth to release the challenger. If I remember correctly, there was much delay in finally rolling out the camaro. The concept had been shown in car shows for years! Unfortunately, this delay cost GM many sales.

I've never driven a new camaro, but I've sat and ridden in plenty. Honestly, I prefer the older models (discontinued in '02). Enough to know I wouldn't feel comfortable with the visibility as an everyday car. For some reason, in Texas, driving a small car gives asshole drivers a license to cut you off or not allow you to merge.

I still think they both have bad visibility though. I wanted a camaro, 350z, or something sporty till I started driving, and realized how important visibility is. I've driven a challenger, though and the same complaint!

And yes, dodge is most definitely stepping their game up, as the new V6 mustang kicks serious ass!
    Last edited by Weeth; 12-07-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Radar Fanatic

My brother has a new 2011 Camaro..
    This car rockkkksss.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    My brother has a new 2011 Camaro..
    This car rockkkksss.
    Hell yea it rocks :P. What package did he get? LS, LT1, LT2, SS1, SS2, with or without the RS?