I am glad I found this board and also Radar Roy's site. I will be racing in the upcoming Gumball 3000 Rally in May. I need to make my race vehicle which is a (low profile-rear engine angular car) as stealthy as possible. So I wanted to hear some thoughts on what you guys would recommend. I will be racing through Eastern Europe, China, and also the western US. While in the US I will be relying heavily on our CB with the aid of truckers.
I already have two V1 detectors which I plan to send in for a software upgrade. Here are my initial thoughts.
2) Bell STI (Radar Roy's suggestion)
3) Blinder laser Jammer
4) Veil coating on lights
5) Scorpian Radar jammer (does that really work)? I am skeptical.
6) Metal plate over front lights during day driving to lower/reflect radar signature.
7) Rear license plate distorters for photoradar in europe.
8) US leg we will be using a CB and scanner.
Any other suggestions guys? I can use both the V1 and Bell STI together correct? I think neither of them leak.
Will any of the LADAR guys be between South Dakota and Houston next month? I will be shipping the car from Houston to London. Would love to stop by and do some test with the (low profile-rear engine angular car) for your site. I am thinking the low and angular profile will make it harder to detect overall. Can post results after Gumball.