Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default What are the odds...

We traded in our '04 Acura MDX and VW GTI for my current ride about a year and a half ago. Never saw either till today when I came out of the grocery store and the MDX was parked 2 spaces down. For sure it was my old car as it had several cosmetic "markers" that it clearly had when I owned it.

Professional

Default Re: What are the odds...

LOL wow stuff like that happens to me all the time like weird coincidences and stuff. I put it down to glitches in the matrix.

Professional

Pretty cool! Not all cars stay local, sometimes dealerships themselves trade and move them around, so it's cool that the car stayed in the same neighborhood as where you shop.

Power User

Too bad you didn't save a set of keys so that you could keep locking the doors after they unlock them. Set off the alarm as they get close and turn it off before they can pull their keys out of their pocket.

Professional

What a coincidence! I hope that doesn't happen to me. I'd feel bad for whoever bought my old ride.

Radar Fanatic
    In a town full of undercover leos blasting c/o Ka

I saw my dad's old pickup truck TWICE long after he sold it. The new owner sure fixed it up nicely with a brand new windshield and new tires. The way I could tell it was his truck was the custom homemade ladder rack that no one else would ever have.

Lead Foot

Weirdest thing happened the other day. My girlfriend used to have a '95 540i that needed a LOT of work, so her dad sold it to someone, and she since then got an '06 volvo s40. We were sitting in the s40 in a grocery store parking lot in her town, and lo and behold, the 540 parks next to us. I initially did a double take but sure enough it had the same plate frame and scratches ("cosmetic markers").

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by <<JAZZY>> View Post
    Too bad you didn't save a set of keys so that you could keep locking the doors after they unlock them. Set off the alarm as they get close and turn it off before they can pull their keys out of their pocket.
    That's just evil.

Funny thing is I just cleaned out the "junk drawer" a couple weeks ago and found key copies from both vehicles and threw them in the garbage.

Radar Fanatic

That is quite coincidental...almost like being hit by lighting.

Old Timer

Hah, would have sucked getting in a fender bender with your old car.