Default Aftermarket HID XEON non-projector idiots

Hey everyone,

When I drove to Myrtle Beach, SC the other weekend I noticed that a lot of trucks/ricers had those HID kits that obviously were aftermarket. They produced a ton of glare and it literally blinded me. What are your thoughts do you encounter a lot of these idiots/are you one of these inconsiderate people?

Since I take medicine that makes me extremely sensitive to light I went to a doctor and filled out an application for tint. I put 20% all around except the windshield. It has really helped with HIDs and people who overtake me with their highbeams on... I'm planning on putting a 50% tint on the windshield.

Sorry about my rant...

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Aftermarket HID XEON non-projector idiots

Last edited by aa2033; 07-24-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aa2033 View Post
    i did a retrofit on my car, and then got 50% tint on my windshield... god what a mistake. i hated the crap. Late at night in the dark, it really makes a difference. It made it really hard to see far ahead and off to the edges of the road. I got rid of it and it was like a night/day difference.
    I just need to cut down on the glare I'm not trying to be "cool" or "gangsta". The medical waiver authorizes me to do 70% which is very light. Will that hinder my night visibility by much?

Radar Fanatic

Last edited by aa2033; 07-24-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aa2033 View Post
    I did it for the same reasons. I have very sensitive eyes to light. If i could try again, i would do 70 percent, since my reasons for doing it are the same as yours. Glare, not privacy.
    Alright thanks for your advice! I'll go with 70%. I sent you a pm about laser jammer testing. I live in NOVA too.

Good Citizen

I absolutely hate the truck drivers with 55w HID kits in their housings blinding every driver on the road. And most of the time they have HID fogs too which is even worse! I wish cops enforced it! And I also have a medical exemption for tint, I am running 35 percent on my windshield and I dont think its that bad beside when its either raining or foggy out but thats just me.