Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Cars and speeding

Ok, so I have tried to keep my thoughts about this to myself on the forum, but I am sometimes amazed at the types of cars people are trying to put laser jammers on.

When you have a huge truck or huge SUV, you should not be speeding to the point where you would need them. Those vehicles are not meant to stop or maneuver quickly. One of the worst things to happen to road safety was the invention of the SUV.

People always start arguments about the dangers of speeding, and I am a firm believer that a good, alert, non-distracted driver with a competent car can be driven above the speed limit more safely than most other drivers on the road. I cannot say that I have the same belief about trucks and SUVs. They are not designed to go fast, and when I see people speeding in them, I always think "if you have to slam on your brakes or swerve to avoid something I pity the person you hit."

The point I am trying to make is that SUVs and trucks are inherently dangerous no matter who is behind the wheel. They can't stop or handle like a car, and if they hit something smaller than them it does serious damage, so you should not be driving fast in them, even if you are a good driver.

If you have a car, speed on!

Newcomer

Default Re: Cars and speeding

I have a Chevy blazer SUV, so your saying on the Highway or Interstate I can't do say +10 safely?? that sounds ridiculous.... in town however no one should be speeding. Also by your post you are saying if you have a car its ok to speed, and telling us with trucks or SUV's to drive the speed limit, what about these older cars that weigh more than my SUV, is it ok for them to speed too?? Oh and I don't have a laser jammer installed.... Also most people that drive an SUV or pickup truck know we take longer to stop and slow down when we need to etc
    Last edited by Nvidia78; 07-03-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nvidia78 View Post
    I have a Chevy blazer SUV, so your saying on the Highway or Interstate I can't do say +10 safely?? that sounds ridiculous.... in town however no one should be speeding. Also by your post you are saying if you have a car its ok to speed, and telling us with trucks or SUV's to drive the speed limit, what about these older cars that weigh more than my SUV, is it ok for them to speed too?? Oh and I don't have a laser jammer installed.... Also most people that drive an SUV or pickup truck know we take longer to stop and slow down when we need to etc
    I am simply saying that speeding in an SUV is far more dangerous than in a car. As I said, some cars are not meant for speeding, old cars included. You can probably do 10 over on a highway, but what happens in a city when something jumps out in front of an SUV and they can't stop in time? Or they can't swerve?

Advanced Member

Most of the SUVs in my area that I have seen with jammers are Jeep SRT-8, Audi Q5 or Q7, and Porsche Cayenne... All of them can out-brake, out-maneuver, and out-perform most passenger cars... I'm just saying.

The driver makes the vehicle perform.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth View Post
    Most of the SUVs in my area that I have seen with jammers are Jeep SRT-8, Audi Q5 or Q7, and Porsche Cayenne... All of them can out-brake, out-maneuver, and out-perform most passenger cars... I'm just saying.

Like I said, it's some vehicles. Most people aren't driving Audi, or Porsche SUVs. I have seen way too many yukons, suburbans, Cherokees and the like speeding way faster than they should. I dont mean to make this an argument, I was simply trying to point out that even the best drivers are dangerous in certain vehicles. People need to use common sense. When your vehicle was clearly not designed to be driven fast, you probably should not be using countermeasures and speeding. It's too dangerous.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by pilot_corey View Post

I am simply saying that speeding in an SUV is far more dangerous than in a car. As I said, some cars are not meant for speeding, old cars included. You can probably do 10 over on a highway, but what happens in a city when something jumps out in front of an SUV and they can't stop in time? Or they can't swerve?
    As I already stated, no one should be speeding in the city, you never know who will jump out in front of you or what can happen... It just seemed that by when you said "If you have a car, speed on!" you were basically saying if you have a truck or SUV, you should not speed

Yoda of Radar

One of the worst statements to ever come out of the auto (and racing) industry (industries), it is so true, yet so, so false at the same time regarding 4 wheels.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post

One of the worst statements to ever come out of the auto (and racing) industry (industries), it is so true, yet so, so false at the same time regarding 4 wheels.
    I hear you bro.
    Puma Power!!!

Advanced Member

As I already stated, no one should be speeding in the city, you never know who will jump out in front of you or what can happen... It just seemed that by when you said "If you have a car, speed on!" you were basically saying if you have a truck or SUV, you should not speed
    That's mostly what I understood.
    Puma Power!!!

Advanced Member

Ok, so I have tried to keep my thoughts about this to myself on the forum, but I am sometimes amazed at the types of cars people are trying to put laser jammers on.
    Like I said, it's some vehicles. Most people aren't driving Audi, or Porsche SUVs. I have seen way too many yukons, suburbans, Cherokees and the like speeding way faster than they should. I dont mean to make this an argument, I was simply trying to point out that even the best drivers are dangerous in certain vehicles. People need to use common sense. When your vehicle was clearly not designed to be driven fast, you probably should not be using countermeasures and speeding. It's too dangerous.
    Just in case you didn't read your first sentence above, I quoted it for you. I live in a state where people tend to have money and in an area where jammers are not common, but are also not rare..... if that makes sense. The SUVs I quoted above are the ones that I commonly see with jammers. Other SUVs, the ones that don't perform (the ones that you are probably referring to), usually don't have them.

My point in my first post is that I don't agree with your first post. A dangerous driver is a dangerous driver. Doesn't matter what car it is. Didn't someone famous flip a 911 GT3 2 weeks ago and die in a fiery blaze.... Was he a good driver, obviously not. Did his car have jammers, probably did...
    Puma Power!!!