Speed Demon

Default Blind spot radar

Does anyone know if blindspot radar (the thing that warns you if there is another car in the blindspot) would cause interference with an STI-R Plus?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Blind spot radar

I'm sure it would.. if it was Ka it could be segmented out but no option like that for K band.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by RepealVaRadarDetectorBan View Post
    I hope that the vehicles with blindspot radar drive Virginia State Toll Collectors (Police) crazy and make their Spectre unit fry.
    I don't drive in VA. But that'd be a good way out if they pull you over with spectre thinking you have a detector. Just say it must have been the blind spit warning. I'd bet its easy to disable on cars that have it. Maybe pull a fuse or something?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stigs Cousin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RepealVaRadarDetectorBan View Post
    I hope that the vehicles with blindspot radar drive Virginia State Toll Collectors (Police) crazy and make their Spectre unit fry.
    I don't drive in VA. But that'd be a good way out if they pull you over with spectre thinking you have a detector. Just say it must have been the blind spit warning. I'd bet its easy to disable on cars that have it. Maybe pull a fuse or something?
    Not that easy to disable. The new Audi's with the Blind Spot Assist spew emmit radar even when you turn the device off in the cabin. If you pull the fuse, all kinds of error codes come on. I am expecting delivery of my 2012 S4 this month and have yet to figure out a solution to the radar pollution...

Experienced

All these added "safety" features being added to Audi Mercedes etc. are such a bad idea anyway.

Buy a car with blind spot assist, get lazy and always rely on it and never turn your head to check anymore. Hop in a rental car and you're completely out of the habit of checking your blind spit...... crash.

Similar situation for those other new features that basically drive the car for you.

Good Citizen

It can and does in some cases.