Good Citizen

Cool Auxiliary Lights

I was thinking about adding a set of PIAA Driving lights to my car. I have HID'S (OEM) and fogs but for whatever reason the lights dont seem bright enough for these south jersey roads. On my old car I had PIAA 1100x and they were great. I was about to order another set when i came across these
    video

Well, it’s not a tumor. It’s the Visualeyes Rayzer auxiliary light from Sweden.

Aren’t the stock headlights adequate?

The Rayzer gives you an extra set of high-beams, and the wide-angle projection, the high mounting point, and the ultrabright xenon bulbs provide far more illumination than the standard lights. The unit hooks onto a fixed bracket so you can remove it or switch it from car to car (if you buy an extra bracket and power source). It plugs into a 12-volt socket in the car, or a professional installer can wire it directly. Either way, the Rayzer connects to the vehicle’s wiring to operate in conjunction with its stock high-beams.

Does it work?

You bet. The high mounting point and intense bulbs light up the road likea nuclear flash. We drove by an old guy on the sidewalk who was shieldinghis eyes. You should be more courteous and also check your local lawson auxiliary lights.

Has abyone heard of or has used these lughts?

Power User

Default Re: Auxiliary Lights

That looks cool but wonder how LEO's would treat you if caught running them. Looks like a good place to hard mount a RD on the bottom and combine the power supplies.

Radar Fanatic

$995 for them? I'll pass. Lol. I'd buy the if they were $300-$400, though.

Power User

That is pretty sweet but not for 1,000 bucks. A State trooper would definately light you up to see whats up. I used to have fog lights and LED windshield washer lights and got busted by Tx dps. They said i could not have more than a set of 4 white lights.
    Last edited by Jag42; 08-27-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Good Citizen

I have seen them go for about 700 dollars now, and they are linked to your Hi Beams, so when they are on the Auxiliary Lights come on and when there is an approaching car they have a sensor to turn off. So at no time there wikk be no more than 4 lughts on. I hope to find a retailer nearby to check it out. Its funny in Jersey we have the same law no more than 4 lights on, I used to cruise with headlights,foglights and driving lights. The only time i got pulled over was when a cop drove past and seen the reflection of my interior neon lights on and told me 'ITS ILLEGAL TO HAVE YOUR INTERIOR LIGHTS ON BRIGHT ENOUGH TO BE SEEN OUTSIDE YOUR CAR". No ticket just a warning funny thing was that when he pulled me over i still had dvd playing on my front screen,lol.

Lead Foot

Two problems I would expect with these:

1) The glass will carry the light for some distance around where it's shining through it, so any dirt, bug splat, rock pits, scratches or whatever on your windshield glass is going to get lit up by these, interfering with night vision.

2) From this position, these are likely to light up the hood, again causing night vision problems, depending upon how much hood is visible from the driver's seat.

They look to me like they were "made to sell," as my father would have put it. In other words, not worth using, much less paying for.

Old Timer

Doesn't seem like they would work too well.

Experienced

Maybe check o utter the retro fit forums if you haven't already. You can probably change your headlights to a better hid and get better output if you wanted. Not sure how your stock lights compare to the better ones you can get but it'd be something to check out I think.

Good Citizen

Thanks , I will check out getting my headlights retro fitted. I seen a place called Lightwerkz that has converted HID'S to projectors. In the mean time I will get a set of PIAA driving lights the worked wonders. I really want a FLIR system,I live in deep dark nj and im getting paranoid about hitting a deer or someone on the road. too many close calls.