Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My New Toy!

Good Citizen

Default Re: My New Toy!

Quote Originally Posted by RobInAlbany View Post
    I just saw a new cts V parked at the new dino BBQ we have here in Troy. love the looks of that car.
    DO IT! You won't regeret it. Slap a CAI on it, pulley, and a tune, and you turn an already fast car into a F'ING FAST car! I ran 11.8 @ 122 with just a CAI and mail-order tune. Get a black one to help with the countermeasures.

Radar Fanatic

That's a fast V! The new M5 just beat it in R&T comparison on the track but the M5 had a custom made, street legal race tire that helped.

I love my 05 CTS-V but it stays in storage most of the time. I drive 600+ miles a week and getting 40+ mpg in a 9-5 is a little easier on the budget even though I spent allot of time getting it's weight under 3500 lbs. Or about 900 less than your V. I have headers, intake, and a tune and should still be nipping at your heels.

Good Citizen

No doubt your V can scoot! For being big heavy 4-door sedans, these things embarass a lot of "fast cars". Over the winter, I'm porting the S/C and the snout, adding a throttle body, cam, pulleys, headers, injectors, and a heat exchanger....gotta have at least 600 whp! The OP's G8 can be modded to be quite the killer as well.