Radar Fanatic

Default Lead foot lately?

I have just been driving fast this past week!

I am usually easy on my car but now i just pound it!

Pedal to the metal up till end of 2nd gear when i have a chance then i have to slow down to the speed limit. Also hit the 105 limiter a couple of times when i drove to austin.

Overtaking a lot and revving higher... cant be good for gas mileage and an engine with 160K

How do you all drive?

Radar Fanatic

Lately I've been the opposite, just taking it nice and easy. Part of it has to do with trying to see what kind of gas mileage my car is capable of, the rest of it is that I just don't have any need to go fast lately. I've had to get on it a couple of times due to traffic but that's about it. I still need the V1, though. Even taking it easy occasionally puts me 5-10 above some of the really ridiculous speed limits that we have around here. Our sneaky local cops set up speed traps exclusively in those areas. Sorry, officer, I'm not slamming on my brakes when the 45 arbitrarily changes to a 35.

Yoda of Radar

My current driver has a badly worn pinion bearing in the gearbox. Eventual failure of the pinion bearing allows the transmission to engage two gears at once, which instantly seizes the gearbox and front wheels, or if you are going fast enough, locks the wheels, then blows up the gearcase. Not fun :shock:

So I've been taking it really easily. Normally on my daily drive I do 130-160 now I do 105-130 tops.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    My current driver has a badly worn pinion bearing in the gearbox. Eventual failure of the pinion bearing allows the transmission to engage two gears at once, which instantly seizes the gearbox and front wheels, or if you are going fast enough, locks the wheels, then blows up the gearcase. Not fun :shock:

So I've been taking it really easily. Normally on my daily drive I do 130-160 now I do 105-130 tops.
    Kph right?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr

Kph right?
    ah yes km/h... would be nice if it was miles

still not that slow though! :wink:

Professional

How do you all drive?
    Its the other way around with me lately. I used to drive a little too aggressively and fast to be honest which I am glad I have laid back off that for the most part. I was doing 70 in a 60 the other day and traffic was flying by me. I guess that previous ticket scared me into going a little slower and now I am scared to cruise in the fast lane at anything above 10mph on the freeway. I dont need to get another ticket when im not sure if this current one will even be dropped. I have a hard time turning down a race also unless its in traffic or dangerous areas but I have to work early early saturday morning and the area my work is at is where alot of street races are held near the time I go in, and I get occasionally challenged which is godawful hard to say no too.

Yoda of Radar

Especially when you are guaranteed to win...

385 horsepower Corvette vs. 92 horsepower Honda

Professional

Ive seen a good car here or there though. Its usually all rice but I have seen a WS6 LS1 in the group before.

Professional

I've chilled out a bit these days, dont always step on it as much. But when nvr2fast is nearby, then my pedal touches the floor very often....

Radar Fanatic

Faster... It's finally warming up here and it's really hard to keep my foot off the gas. But, it did yeild the best RX65 save in ages (to be posted in the real experiences forum) 8)