Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default HELP!!!! AC LOUD Sound

been having trouble when I turn my AC after one or two+ days of the being off. It makes a loud sound, kind of metallic sound, I think that it is the compressor, but it only makes the sound when I turn it on the first time and it wont do it after in the whole day, if I turn it on everyday it wont do it. The people from the dealer don't find anything so they just say that I have to leave there. But that would mean that I would have to leave it there for at least three days . Also I don't know if this means something but when I turn it on everytime now it smells like shet, maybe gas like type of smell. I bought the car 6 months ago and its being doing it for about 4-5 months . It is '05 Elantra GLS.

Did any of you had the same problem?
    Thank you

Experienced

its because you drive a hyundai lol. Is the belt loose?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by the_Flash083
    Sounds like the compressor clutch is having an issue or perhaps the belt.

What does it smell like inside, moldy?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by SmaartAasSaabr
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Flash083
    Sounds like the compressor clutch is having an issue or perhaps the belt.

What does it smell like inside, moldy?
    Hyundais are not bad :?

I Think that it has to be the compressor because the people from the dealer did not find anything wrong with the car. I'm going to try to make a video so these people could hear the sound that it makes.

It kind of smells moldy yeah, I'm trying to figure what type of smell it is. Why? Does it has anything to do? I don't really know much about cars :?

Power User

Is it a "clunk" sound, some compressors when they turn on, either you heard the magnet really take hond and that is the sound you hear, also, the compressor upon inital compression stroke of the AC have a hard start sound to them as you describe. It may be nothing.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by amoney
    Is it a "clunk" sound, some compressors when they turn on, either you heard the magnet really take hond and that is the sound you hear, also, the compressor upon inital compression stroke of the AC have a hard start sound to them as you describe. It may be nothing.
    The sound that it makes is not the one that it should make, because it only does it when it is off for more than two days and only the first time I turn up in the day, but I turn the car and AC everyday it does not make any sound. Also is a new car I should not make any loud sound other than the nice sound of the engine at 5000+rpms

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by venexoz
    The sound that it makes is not the one that it should make, because it only does it when it is off for more than two days and only the first time I turn up in the day, but I turn the car and AC everyday it does not make any sound. Also is a new car I should not make any loud sound other than the nice sound of the engine at 5000+rpms
    Well you could after not useing the car for two days start it up, drive to the dealership, get the mechanic, THEN turn on the A/C so they can hear it. If you say you can replicate the problem, A?C off for two days and only then when the A/C turns on it makes that metal sound.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by venexoz
    Well you could after not useing the car for two days start it up, drive to the dealership, get the mechanic, THEN turn on the A/C so they can hear it. If you say you can replicate the problem, A?C off for two days and only then when the A/C turns on it makes that metal sound.
    I'm thinking about doing that when I get back to Miami, also I'm thinking about making a video so the mechanic at the dealership hears it, if it gets too hot to drive without AC 8)

Power User

Ah damitt, I did not see that you in Florida, dam its getting hot down here, yeah thats going to be tough, maybe try to not drive over the weekend and go first thing monday morning. Try another dealership too.

Speed Demon

Ah damitt, I did not see that you in Florida, dam its getting hot down here, yeah thats going to be tough, maybe try to not drive over the weekend and go first thing monday morning. Try another dealership too.
    Yeah, its getting too hot down here. Which is good too in a way 8) 8)