Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scratonicity Groupie

Default Car Dealers on Drugs!

Well for the past 2 days I've been shopping for a 98+ Transam for 10K. I dont care if its the SLP or WS6 package I just want one, and dont care if its A4 or a sweet M6.

I found 4 today all of them I really liked but the asking prices where around 13+K for a 98 etc with around 70K miles.

I ask them to come down, play the cat and mouse game, and they act like they are going to go bankrupt if they budge on a car for a few K.

The KBB / Nada on these cars is only 8k, and when I bring this up I'm told that's not real world.

Is it just DE / MD or have all cars alesmen lost there freakin mind!

I have searched the hell out of autotrader, ls1.com & ls1tech all of the good deals there get bought up super quick.

So if you see a 98+ TA for around 10K and its not over 100K in the mileage let me know

V6's need not apply hehe.

Yoda of Radar

Don't plutz over milage. Get the T-56 and look seriously at those 125-150 kilomile cars. As long as it's been taken care of properly, oil changes etc.

Plus it's a lot easier on the car to run at 80 miles per hour for 100 000 miles instead of doing city driving for 30...

Scratonicity Groupie

hehe, if I could even find one around 100K on the mileage at a good price I would be happy!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    hehe, if I could even find one around 100K on the mileage at a good price I would be happy!
    Maybe take a look on evilbay for something in Texas or somewhere nice and fly down and drive it back :P

Professional

You want one for 10k than stick to it and search around. Dealers will often times call you back trying to negotiate a new price even if you left and felt like you lost. Once it took me over a month when looking for vettes to get one of the dealers to come down to where I wanted him, but by that time I allready got a sweet ZO6. The dealer wanted 30k for a 98 corvette coupe which was a rip off. They kept calling back week by week trying to negotiate another deal and finally when they got down to where I wanted them I allready bought a much better car. Dont just buy any car right away unless its the deal you want. Its hard to argue with car salesman and does take time but you can win. I also think for 10k you are making a real wise choice on the type of car you are looking to purchase.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...n&cardist=2357

Professional

Where do you live, I will keep a look out for you. Going private party or dealer, or does it matter?

Power User

The last few days of the month dealers earn huge bonuses when they meet sales targets and if they have a couple of cars to shift to make it before the end of the month they'll all but give them away. Keep that in mind! :wink:

Scratonicity Groupie

shoot, awesome find but sold!!! I live in Dover, DE so I've been doing my search radius at 200 miles I guess I could expand it out some more.

I dont care if its private or dealer

Yoda of Radar

Did you check Ebay?

Advanced Member

Default Re: Car Dealers on Drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    Well for the past 2 days I've been shopping for a 98+ Transam for 10K. I dont care if its the SLP or WS6 package I just want one, and dont care if its A4 or a sweet M6.
    :wink: