Thread: Driven behind

Speed Demon

Default Driven behind

On my road trip to Rochester there was a car infront of me with a Cobra. XRS model couldnt tell which one.. Anyways The K band drones were out and I was using this person as my rabbit for a while. We were going 85-90. I was about 10-12 car lenghts behind her. All of a sudden I get a K band alert and about 5-7 seconds later I saw her break it. I was like I bet you in a few seconds here she will slam on her breaks and sure enough she did!

Radar Fanatic

POS Cobra

Good Citizen

I get that alot when I run radar for fun. The moment I release hold my V1 goes nuts. The people I see with detectors sometimes take up to 8 seconds to tap the brakes. I have seen the other extreme as well. This guy in a truck tapped the brakes as soon as I took it off hold, the funny thing is he did it for such a short period of time he could not have slowed at all. His brake lights literally flashed.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by sixfootgeek
    I get that alot when I run radar for fun. The moment I release hold my V1 goes nuts. The people I see with detectors sometimes take up to 8 seconds to tap the brakes. I have seen the other extreme as well. This guy in a truck tapped the brakes as soon as I took it off hold, the funny thing is he did it for such a short period of time he could not have slowed at all. His brake lights literally flashed.
    how come u have radar in your car? are u a cop? or do u just buy one and shoot it for fun?

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alias3r
    how come u have radar in your car? are u a cop? or do u just buy one and shoot it for fun?
    He probably does it for fun R&d :wink:

Professional

Some of the members have 'em for testing. Need to chill on the cop stuff though you sound so paranoid.

Good Citizen

im not paranoid, its just that why would u put a radar in your car and just fire it for fun just to see other people slow down. I mean i think it's kind of mean lol.

Old Timer

Default It

It's just for fun as long as you don't cause an accident.

Professional

HAHA. I do the exact same thing. I'll see some kid fly up in the fast lane with a RD. I'll pace him to see what type it is. Then I'll release the hold and transmit Ka at them. Most of the Cobras and other cheap detectors won't go off even when I'm right next to them with the antenna pointed right at it. I have to get just in front of them and aim it at the front of the detector before it goes off. It really takes the fun out of it.

Makes me not worry about LEOs pushing to ban them though. If I was an LEO and saw RD perform like that, I wouldn't care who had them.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by cooljay
    Some of the members have 'em for testing. Need to chill on the cop stuff though you sound so paranoid.
    Hehe now it makes me want to buy one for my car .