Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ku band

Default ku band

well i guess one positive note is my radar detector just saved my ass after figuring out how to go through all those "nifty" options and turned ku band on. a few weeks later of course you get false positives but on an open freeway guess what the state trooper had and I hit ~3 bars. still sorta weak but I guess KU is finally here. just a heads up. btw i have a 9730 xrs and it sucks at detecting laser

Advanced Member

Default Re: ku band

Quote Originally Posted by duality
    well i guess one positive note is my radar detector just saved my ass after figuring out how to go through all those "nifty" options and turned ku band on. a few weeks later of course you get false positives but on an open freeway guess what the state trooper had and I hit ~3 bars. still sorta weak but I guess KU is finally here. just a heads up. btw i have a 9730 xrs and it sucks at detecting laser
    Nope. There is NO Ku police radar in the US, and we probably won't see Ku in the near future if ever. More than likely, your detector mis-identified another band as Ku, this is very common with low-end detectors.

you think the cold may be affecting it?
    normally its 50+ here its been in the 20's
    I wouldnt say so much that its a low end since it is the best they currently offer through cobra more like above lower end

Radar Fanatic

I wouldnt say so much that its a low end since it is the best they currently offer through cobra more like above lower end
    well ur best-model cobra is probably the equivalent of the worst-model Bel

yes cobras are crappy at laser and i would be surprised if they even picked it up at all...I don't know what your budget is or what have you, but i highly reccomend saving up for a more expensive unit...it will save u the most in the long run, guaranteed

Good Citizen

I have to admit my cobra gets pretty decent range and it's only worth about $100 or more. It's good for radar that's on, but what you pay for in the more high end units is the range of detecting the Instand-on scatter up ahead that will save your a$$ a lot more in the future.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by richardboy316
    Honestly, I don't think it is even that good.
    ALL Cobras are low-end detectors.

Founder of Stealthvation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Yeah I agree. To this day I will never understand why people bother with low end detectors. If $$$$ is an issue save up until you are able to get a high end
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

theres no way i would buy a cobra or low end detector. i got mine for free

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Yeah I agree. To this day I will never understand why people bother with low end detectors. If $$$$ is an issue save up until you are able to get a high end
    its just cause people don't do research and they only know of electronics stores like best buy and radioshack or circuit city..so they look around and wow, best buy has a few radar detectors..Holy $H!T-11 band detection, thats Sick!

thats mainly how it goes, and then they get pulled over and go, 'wtf mates'

Radar Fanatic

its just cause people don't do research and they only know of electronics stores like best buy and radioshack or circuit city..so they look around and wow, best buy has a few radar detectors..Holy $H!T-11 band detection, thats Sick!

thats mainly how it goes, and then they get pulled over and go, 'wtf mates'
    Mates?

I don't think I've ever heard an American say "Mate" in my life.