Thread: cobra 9785

Newcomer

Default cobra 9785

i picked up a 9785 for my impreza the other day and i ran across these boards today, now im debating. do i hang on to it or should i return it while i still can and save up to get the passport 8500 x50. i wanted it because i have a habit of doing some 'spirited' driving around my town... not racing or being a complete moron and surely nothing dangerous, just a little fun. i just want some extra warning when i come up on cops, i do a fair amount of highway driving but i do a good amount of driving around town and my town is rather hilly. so is it worth it to get rid of this thing and get something better whenever i have money and go with nothing in the meantime? i also need to pick up a rack system for my car for ski trips. im a college kid so money is tight, what is your vote?

did a little more reading, i passed a few parked and traveling leo's with no joy, i also passed 2 staties running code 3 in the other direction on the highway, again no joy... now i know that its a radar/laser detector NOT a cop detector, would a better detector have picked them up?

thanks for listening

Experienced

return it cobras suk didaly uck big time......cobras= it will alert you when you are getting your ticket and thats about it

Newcomer

thats what i am thinking... crappp im not looking forward to dropping 300 but i suppose its worth it to save me the tickets

im thinking about going with the whistler pro 73, is it worth it?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by snowman87
    thats what i am thinking... crappp im not looking forward to dropping 300 but i suppose its worth it to save me the tickets

im thinking about going with the whistler pro 73, is it worth it?
    In it's price range, the Pro-73 is just about the best deal you can get. It does work, and for the money, i'd say it works pretty well.

Here's a short video I made of the Pro-73 against constant-on K-Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRN5...elated&search=

Newcomer

wow thats a pretty impressive pick up, based on that it seems like the pro 73 has enough range to make it a very good alternative to the passport or v1. is there a weekness that makes the passport or v1 FAR superior? or is it just a slight difference. i guess im asking what the difference is between it and the passport.

thanks again

Good Citizen

sent you a pm

Newcomer

ok so the bel 955 vs. the 995 other than $100 dollars is there a huuge difference?

Good Citizen

go to www.beltronics.com and look at the differences between the two. it should be very self explanitory, and from personal experience with the 995, it was worth every penny.