Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default tell me if this is funny

doesn't have to do with anything but i was walking out of Fredies and saw a jet black brand new Subaru with a Cobra pointing about 2 inches to the left and pointing at the sky.

hahaha LOL

Old Timer

^ Doesn't matter what vehicle one drives - doesn't matter if that person "knows cars."

It's about detector usage/knowledge. And anyone can make mistakes when it comes to that.

I've even seen the "top tier" detectors incorrectly mounted. :roll:

Radar Fanatic

me too

Radar Fanatic

Well all they need to do is open to the 2nd or 3rd page where it says "HOW TO MOUNT". . . if they are too stubborn to read that - than it is there own fault.

Good Citizen

Driving to and from high school every day I see so many other kids with their RD's in different and ineffective places. I park behind a kid daily that has his to the very left of his windshield facing up towards the sky. It’s a tiny little RD with a huge mount.

It’s great hearing them brag to their others friends about their '2 mile Laser saves' with their 'sweet Cobras.'

Unbelievable. I swear 85% of the kids at my school are morons.

Old Timer

Default well

Well if you see the guy, go over and show him how to bend the bracket to make sure his rd will be level, NOT AIMED TOWARDS THE SKY. I HATE SEEING THIS AND WANT IT CHANGED!

Good Citizen

Default Re: well

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    Well if you see the guy, go over and show him how to bend the bracket to make sure his rd will be level, NOT AIMED TOWARDS THE SKY. I HATE SEEING THIS AND WANT IT CHANGED!
    If he was a friend I definetly would. I've helped all of my friends who've asked me about radar when they see mine in the car. This kid is just a tough-guy who thinks he's hot with his little RD.

Speedtrap Crasher

I was using an Excursion as a rabbit this weekend that had his X50 pointed up around 10:30.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Radar Fanatic

i wonder why people don't take the time to read instruction manuals, especially when their dealing with expensive electronic equipment.

Advanced Member

I have found it makes very little difference if off slightly off axis, try it you will see.

I actually used to run my bell when around town mounted on my console in my Z28, the aluminum louvers on the back window would be enough to deflect sufficient radar into the car where the signal difference was minimal. Although not optimal, I still had plenty of time to slow down and was easy to stash away if a cop pulled me over.

Radar detector didn't save me much back then anyway, they used to pull me over all the time and then figure out what to write me up for ,~~~ I think my last offense was a dirty license plate!