Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra

Default Cobra

Hm. So far not bad on range. Picking up k pretty well with enough time if i chose to speed. Ka is pretty nice on straight ways, around corners still getting about 1-2 seconds on off axis. I'm still waiting to go find some x band but that doesn't exsit in the city i gotta go out on the highways to find those. But actually aside from really off axis angles i'm actually not dissapointed in the xrs. Now all they need to do is fix the leaks, off axis with ka, and ramp up defintley with ka

Professional

Default Re: Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by radar_hunter123
    Now all they need to do is fix the leaks, off axis with ka, and ramp up defintley with ka
    and sensitivity, and looks, and build quality

but thats all, we swear!

Default Re: Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by xrs9430
    Quote Originally Posted by radar_hunter123
    Now all they need to do is fix the leaks, off axis with ka, and ramp up defintley with ka
    and sensitivity, and looks, and build quality
    looks is all opinion, build quality could be better, but sensitivity yeah it can only do more than half a mile to a mile in open roads with no curves and hills. :x oh well maybe they'll realize features isn't what it's all about

Advanced Member

radar_hunter123, I had a Whistler that I sold because of inadequate range and that in fact is better than most cobras.

So you say you have 2-3 seconds warning?

At what rate of speed to you have 2-3 seconds warning?

Cause with my Whistler at an of axis same direction off-axis radar 35.5 Ka signal I too had about 2-3 seconds of range at 35 MPH.

The problem comes in when on the highway with a PSL of 70 and doing 85. Now you have 1.2 seconds of warning which is not good.
    <<--- Valentine One v3.861 --->>
    Protecting a Hemi Challenger
    Saves = 200+ -- Pharmacies Detected=9733

Quote Originally Posted by John_in_NC
    radar_hunter123, I had a Whistler that I sold because of inadequate range and that in fact is better than most cobras.

So you say you have 2-3 seconds warning?

At what rate of speed to you have 2-3 seconds warning?

Cause with my Whistler at an of axis same direction off-axis radar 35.5 Ka signal I too had about 2-3 seconds of range at 35 MPH.

The problem comes in when on the highway with a PSL of 70 and doing 85. Now you have 1.2 seconds of warning which is not good.
    t

Yup

I was traveling at about about 35- 40 mph this is with 34.7 stalkers. I would think the whistlers would give more warning than 2-3 seconds at 35 mph?

]

actually John_in_NC whistler would probably give a better alert to 34.7 as they're easier to pick up than the 35.5, aren't those harder to pick up?

Speed Demon

I think Cobras LOOK great. If they worked as well as they looked.....To bad we don't have a Cobra version of Mike B to yell at....

I can't say anything about Ka performance one way or the other b/c I haven't run into any state police radar traps. Everyone else blares constant K and yes, even my Cobra picks that up very well. I'd do a Google map of my blind curve and uphill encounter the other day but as the town I work in is so small, it has horrible resolution on googlemaps. :? But the one encounter was just a big grab-bag of scenarios as I got to see blind curve performance, over the hill, straightaway, and off axis....

Now, am I going to sit here and try and convince anyone Cobras are great? No... But I'll say the XRS's don't seem to be AS bad as I thought....especially when I got mine cheap.... There's probably no way I'd pay the prices some folks try and sell them for....

Quote Originally Posted by bkrell
    I think Cobras LOOK great. If they worked as well as they looked.....To bad we don't have a Cobra version of Mike B to yell at....

I can't say anything about Ka performance one way or the other b/c I haven't run into any state police radar traps. Everyone else blares constant K and yes, even my Cobra picks that up very well. I'd do a Google map of my blind curve and uphill encounter the other day but as the town I work in is so small, it has horrible resolution on googlemaps. :? But the one encounter was just a big grab-bag of scenarios as I got to see blind curve performance, over the hill, straightaway, and off axis....

Now, am I going to sit here and try and convince anyone Cobras are great? No... But I'll say the XRS's don't seem to be AS bad as I thought....especially when I got mine cheap.... There's probably no way I'd pay the prices some folks try and sell them for....
    yup, well all i can say is ka performance is good on straight roads, i was going on the high way and i got plenty of time psl is 55, on off axis ka can be scary. I agree k band isn't bad with constant i've been picking them up with no problems.

Power User

Ka off axis is definitely more blind than even the Whistlers. It's scary bad considering how generally well the rest of the detection is. I recall one time driving through the mountains of tennesee where an off-axis motorcycle cop was clocking at an angle, and the detector only picked up my direct hit.