Thread: cobra esd-9210

Newcomer

Default cobra esd-9210

i have a cobra esd-9210

is that detector still good for the radar they have today ??

Lead Foot

SO SO, if it is in Constant-ON mode it is not bad, but for the Instant-ON part it is a bit weak, I used to have the same cobra ESD-9210 as you, and it was ok in my small town where evryone use COnstant-ON K-Band, but when I moved to Quebec, I switched to the RX-65 and I AM very happy with it, the Cobra is Nothing coompared to the RX-65, but since Radar is illegal in quebec having a RX-65 toke away by the SQ really suck :cry:

Lead Foot

to anwser your question IT Will detect ALL or the Current Radar, but maybe at short range, I have ot say it saved my a$$ few time on the Highway 20/40, but with a very short notice

Lead Foot

I have that detector, and its still in use. The warning time on that detector is very poor. X-band can't be shut off either

Radar Fanatic

I had a 9210 for a while. K-Band warnings are really short with that one. Also, it gives almost no warning of radar approaching from the rear, so if that's a concern, you'd be best to start shopping for something else.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    I had a 9210 for a while. K-Band warnings are really short with that one. Also, it gives almost no warning of radar approaching from the rear, so if that's a concern, you'd be best to start shopping for something else.
    You're so right about the rear detection, a cop creeped up on me when I was testing it and I was doing 5 over and he nailed me with radar, but didn't give me a ticket thank god.

Radar Fanatic

Cobra in general is really bad with radar to the rear for some reason. In one of Craig Peterson's tests the Cobra XRS9700 didn't alert to rear Ka band until it was a mere 311 feet away. In comparison the Bel Vector 995 alerted at 4950 feet from the rear. Quite a difference.

Professional

I owned this piece of **** it is not great in any aspect. Your might as well have a sign on your car sayinn " I'M SPEEDING". I would say almost anything is better than that. If your bugget is stiff go to raioshack and buy one of their detectors. Also you can go to BestBuy and there are alot of options. If you get a cobra get the xrs 777 from walmart which is actually Cobras xrs 9700 model. Its just renamed for walmart says cobras rep.