Good Citizen

Default How to set RPM reference point?

Hi I was reading the manual and I didn't understand how to set the RPM reference point, do they mean i have to rev my engine at a certain RPM?1500 or 2000 RPM or how high at rev point?

Should i have the trans in NEUTRAL or PARK?

And then hold the throttle at this recommended RPM? and then press the memory button?

Please explain to me step by step.

Smokey uses PROLASER III in my country so what is the best detection bands should be used?

What radar bands should i have put on and which ones to be shut off for best performance and less false alerts?

Does those cobras alert before I spot the cop on the road a few meters before or only when they clock me?

thanx for your help

Newcomer

Perhaps another member familiar with Cobra can best answer this... but I think the procedure goes something like this:
    1) Find any weak radar source, but preferably a LEO; Then face the source (NOTE: Since these do not have directional arrows, you will have to start driving to see a "ramp up").
    2) Put the vehicle in neutral and promptly step on the accelerator; according to step 2a or 2b.
    2a) For vehicles WITH a tachometer: take it right up to 2K below RED Line. Proceed to step 3.
    2b) For vehicles WITHOUT a tachometer: push the accelerator 3/4 to the floor.
    3). Engage drivetrain. NOTE: this is best done with a manual transmission but an automatic will work fine.
    4) Now that you have launched the vehicle, continue accelerating until you have full radar strength indication.
    5) Now press the memory button; CONGRATULATIONS, you have now set the RPM reference point.
    I hope that helps - Keep it Safe and happy motoring

Good Citizen

3). Engage drivetrain. NOTE: this is best done with a manual transmission but an automatic will work fine.
    Are you serious? If you do that in an auto you better be ready to replace your transmission. Why would cobra want you to do that?

Legal in 41 States

Quote Originally Posted by gtp405
    Are you serious? If you do that in an auto you better be ready to replace your transmission. Why would cobra want you to do that?
    Come on now, you honestly don't get that?

Think to your self, what would happen if you followed those instructions.

Just in case you still don't get, let me clarify the instructions for you:
    1.) Find a cop
    2.) Rev your engine
    3.) Gun it by the cop
    4.) Receive your ticket.

I think that TYM2FLY's post earns my BS award for the day!

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    I think that TYM2FLY's post earns my BS award for the day!
    ThankYou very much. Ever since I arrived here, I've wondered how I might obtain one of these coveted BS awards... I knew these "Step by Step" instructions the OP wanted might get me one Thanks again.
    BTW, Do you award best BS of the month? If so, am I in the running?