Default Need to update my Cobra for my Trike

Thanks for all the input. I realize the Cobra is lower end. A new Cobra will probably work better than my 8 year old model? I thought having a compass feature would be nice if it was readable thru my baggy, which takes care of the 24/7 water resistance. I have my unit epoxied to a RAM diamond base ball mount and all my RAM stuff has security screws (no adjustment knobs). Since no other units have the compass feature and an audio out feature I'm going to piss-off the other posters who have condemned the Cobra units. I can't justify paying $300+ for another unit that will attract more thieves. I'm in Nebraska and the Trike is used for less than 4 months per year. So back to the question about Cobra units: which one has the best readable compass screen. I have tried a analog compass and there is to much electrical and metal pull to make the compass work correctly. Even with a Formotion motorcycle compass. Yes, I do have a Garmin SPIII with a direction screen. It's hard to read and must be on to see it, whereas the Cobra would be on all the time and faster to focus on. I was asking someone about the 9740 why different from the 9730 and the 9930. I believe there is a newer model in the line with a larger screen. It looked kind of busy with info. I am familiar with some of the bright LED's out there. I have to use the headphone output for two things if I use them. I need a bigger baggy! Thanks again.

Speed Demon

If you want a compass and good performance and at resonable price......then you should look at the Whistler XTR-690.

For $160 you can have an excellent detector, wonderful customer service, and a compass!

It will be way better than any Cobra that you buy. Whistler units are a great budget alternative, so there is no need to buy a Cobra.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstreak98
    If you want a compass and good performance and at resonable price......then you should look at the Whistler XTR-690.

For $160 you can have an excellent detector, wonderful customer service, and a compass!

It will be way better than any Cobra that you buy. Whistler units are a great budget alternative, so there is no need to buy a Cobra.
    Thank Gawd! Someone with a decent alternative with a friggin' compass! What's up with the recent compass push?