Radar Fanatic

Default More praise for the XRS9700 today

I got some more good news from the girlfriend after her road trip along the Mass Pike and NY thruway. Apparently she encountered more than a dozen speed traps, at least four or five of which were laser. "Helga" gave plenty of warning on radar traps and even detected laser hits. Unfortunately I don't have enough detail to make this interesting since I wasn't in the car, but it sounds like it's doing pretty well for one of the less expensive detectors. She currently has it hardwired and mounted right below the rear view mirror.

I honestly don't know how she gets herself into these gauntlets. I do plenty of driving but I don't encounter nearly as many speed traps as she does, even on the same roads. Sounds like today was a real winner.

Professional

If you wernt there, she migth BSing you. :? :?

Radar Fanatic

No, that's definitely not her style. She has PLENTY of experience with speed traps and the (attempted) avoidance thereof. The only reason she's using the Cobra I gave her is because her mom took back the rather old V1 1.7 to use herself.

The fact that she brought up how the detector performed before I even thought to ask is a real testament to how impressed she was. I'm almost always the one prying for information.

Old Timer

I sold my 9600 to a friend, and he has gotten 2 pre warnings on laser. Rediculous, I have never gotten a pre-warning with my v1 or a true prewarning with my x50.

Speed Demon

Sometimes these cheapo ones are performing well. Dont know why :roll:

Professional

Although strange. that is great news for the buget minded.

Experienced

Personally test these detectors with one of those laser activators (thanks Guys of Lidar). You will see the laser detection on these cobras is actually rediculous. Very very good, better than my BEL X65, and I tested them multiple times at different angles, and distances.

Good Citizen

I must say Cobra radar detectors do get a bad rep, but in all honesty I think they're not as bad as people think, at least the 9700. The XRS series is much improved in my opinion.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    I must say Cobra radar detectors do get a bad rep, but in all honesty I think they're not as bad as people think, at least the 9700. The XRS series is much improved in my opinion.
    Over the years Cobra has gotten better, but they need to ditch the useless features. If you look at their unit verses all others, they are huge.