Alright.. I`m from BC (Im mostly in the Surrey, Cloverdale & Langley area).
I`ve looked up what bands/lasers are used in my area:
I looked at getting the Whistler XTR-190 but its not the RD for me.Surrey: K, Ka, Laser (LTI Marksman, Ultralyte, Laser Atlanta, PL III)
So I found these two:
* 12-Band Radar and Laser Detector with Ultra Bright LED Display
* Ku Band Detection
Detects Ku Band Radar Gun currently being used in Europe. Be prepared for future introduction in the U.S.
Provides 360-degree detection of laser signals.
* VG-2 Alert®/Undetectable
Provides complete immunity and alerts the driver when under surveillance of VG-2 Radar-Dectector-Detectors.
* Spectre Alert™/Undetectable
Provides complete immunity and alerts the driver when under surveillance of Spectre 1 Radar-Detector-Detectors.
* Strobe Alert®
A Cobra exclusive, works with tens of thousands of emergency vehicles currently equipped with traffic light controlling strobe emitters. Provides advance warning of the presence and/or approach of emergency vehicles.
* Safety Alert®
Warns drivers of the presence and/or approaching emergency vehicles, railroad crossing, and road hazard locations equipped with Cobra's exclusive Safety Alert® transmitters.
* Auto Mute
Automatically mutes the alert tone for enhanced driver convenience.
Relative-speed-sensing Auto Mute system that virtually elminates false alerts.
* Digital Signal Strength Meter
Provides the driver with relative proximity to the target using 5-level digital signal strength meter.
Automatically shuts off power to the unit when ignition is turned off.
* Dim Mode
Allows the user to dim the radar detector display enhancing night driving visibility
* Stay Set Electronic Memory
Electronically remembers radar detector settings for an indefinite period of time even with the power removed.
* 12-Band Detection
Detects 6 radar, 4 laser and 2 safety signals. Radar signals include X Band, K Band, Ka Superwide, Ku Band, VG-2 and Spectre. Laser signals include LTI 20-20, Ultra Lyte, ProLaser and ProLaser III. Safety signals include Safety Alert® and Strobe Alert®.
* City/Highway Modes
Allows the user to select operating mode, reducing the frequency of falsing in densely populated urban areas.
* High Performance
High performance radar/laser detector with reliable, proven performance.
* UltraBright™ Data Display
Provides easy recognition of band detected by use of band identification icons.
Cobra XRS 9345
What are the differences? Which one is more suited for me?* 14 Band Radar/Laser Detector, Detects Stalker Lidar, Speed Laser, and Spectre IV + RDD with 360° Laser Eye Detection
* Spectre I Undetectable: Provides complete immunity to Spectre I radar detector-detectors.
* 14-band Detection: Detects 7 Radar, 6 Laser and 1 Safety signal. Radar signals include X Band, K Band, Ka Superwide, Ku Band, VG-2, Spectre I and Spectre IV+. Laser signals include LTI 20-20, Ultra Lyte, ProLaser, ProLaser III, Stalker LIDAR and Speedlaser. Safety signal is Safety Alert® Traffic Warning System.
* Spectre Alert I/IV+: Alerts user when they under the surveillance of Spectre I/IV+ radar detectors.
* IntelliMute Pro: The speed sensing auto shutdown feature will make your detector undetectable.
* UltraBright Data Display: Provides easy recognition of band detected by use of identification icons.
* POP Mode Radar Gun Detection: Detects the latest POP Mode Radar Gun
* LaserEye: Provides a 360 degree detection of laser signals
* VG-2 Alert: Alerts the user when they are under the surveillance of the VG-2 Radar
* Safety Alert: Warns drivers of the presence and/or approaching emergency vehicles, railroad crossing, and road hazard locations.
* Auto Mute: Mutes the alert tone automatically for driver convenience
* IntelliMute: Speed sensing auto mute will eliminate almost all false alerts
* Digital Signal Strength Meter: Provides the driver with the proximity to the target using the 5-level digital signal strength meter
* City/Highway Modes: Allows the user to select the operation mode, reducing the amount of false alerts in populated areas
* Dim Mode: Allows the user to dim the display settings for enhanced driving visibility
Is ka the same as ka superwide?
Also will this radar pick up the 35.5 or 35 band? (the band im talking about is thirty something lol...
Also what is 360 protection?
Thanks for helping a n00b out. lol.