Radar Fanatic

Default The Cobra 6060!!!

Alright yall i had to take a trip with my sister today, from Naples to Fort Lauderdale, she has the 6060 and im going to tell you, for a $40 detector it really impressed me. It gave a .9 mile warning for Ka then another 1.1 mile warning on another Ka. and yesterday i had to follow her for 30 miles and and X50 never falsed to it, and i was right next to her. Then after i followed her i hoped in her car to go run an errand and it started alerting to K band and 1.5 miles up the road was a cop with someone pulled over, but the road we were on had a good size curve and the middle was lined with trees. it really impressed me. now ill never buy one of course but i didnt think it was that good lol.

Radar Fanatic

hmmmmm....... they do work, i have had 2 of them

but after using one of the top 3 all others seem like a joke.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by f_399
    hmmmmm....... they do work, i have had 2 of them

but after using one of the top 3 all others seem like a joke.

LOL aint that the truth. Any of the top 3, and all others just seems to fall short.

(I will admite I like the range/features with the 995, in most tests it doesnt have the flat out range of the Top 3, but holds its own.)
    And I am assuming the STI will be up there as well with the Top 3.

Radar Fanatic

I'm sort of surprised with that myself. I always heard that the 6060 was one of their worst models. At least the POP falsing didn't start until the 9-band models, and the 6060 is a 6 band. Doesn't annoy big3 users, that's a plus!

Radar Fanatic

yeah i was so suprised, i was thinking i was going to have to turn off my x50 cuz of the falses but nope, not one. of course it would never touch the top 3 but for a back-up or a back-up back-up, its not bad.

Good Citizen

I find Cobra's very weird at times. There are certain encounters I've had on K and KA band that I have been very impressed with the distance detected, than a few other encounters where I've literally had 2-3 seconds reaction time before I would have been clocked. Its very unpredictable with detection ranges.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    I find Cobra's very weird at times. There are certain encounters I've had on K and KA band that I have been very impressed with the distance detected, than a few other encounters where I've literally had 2-3 seconds reaction time before I would have been clocked. Its very unpredictable with detection ranges.
    I really wonder if some of the filtering used is just really glitchy. My Cobras were similar to your experiences, especially my 9870. I really don't understand how a detector can detect for a mile from the front and only 300-500 feet to the rear. I realize rear detection is going to be less, but that's a huge difference!

Radar Fanatic

my first detector was a 6060, its actually sitting right here in front of me. in jersey it gave me good x-band warning, but ka was very poor, it literally gave me like 1-2 seconds before i saw the leo. i guess if rd's arent your thing and u want some sort of protection its not too bad.