Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default thread on other forum makes me want to cry

[ame=http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27434]Cobra Radar Detector - 6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance forums[/ame]

"haha yeah on the way to and from someone's house after buying it (25 minute drive on the freeway) I picked up a POP signal (instant on radar), a couple of K band and Ku bands, and I was lasered once. Lol crazy Wisconsin cops that have nothing to do but catch people speeding "

forgot about all that ku band here in the us i dont even feel like disproving this guy. he sounds like he was reading right off the box

My Cobra XRS969 has intellimute pro so it shuts out all those unnecessary false alerts. I agree that GPS filtering is amazing, and I wish I had 400 bucks to spend on a detector...but you don't need that much money just to shut out false alarms. 90 bucks and I haven't had a single false alarm yet. It also alerts you of incoming emergency vehicles, upcoming trains, and upcoming road hazards (accident, construction, etc).

Yoda of Radar

Default Re: thread on other forum makes me want to cry

I would say he would make a great rabbit, but slowing down for all his POP (ERRR... His I/O) and his Ku band would get mighty annoying.

Radar Fanatic

This is typical of many, many car forums out there. With the few car forums I occasionally hang around, I have noticed Belscort/VR getting more respect than they were getting 2 or 3 years ago but it is still a world full of Cobras ranging from 6 bands to 15, none of which are actually detected.

Speed Demon

Another satisfied customer, ka-ching.

Professional

This detector he has is off of the 12 band platform. This platform barely detects C/O Ka and sometimes will completely misses alerts. It is just a windshield ornament and a ticket magnet depending on how and WHERE he drives.

Power User
    South Central PA, where the Walmart has hitching posts

Quote Originally Posted by dtraill27 View Post
    ... I wish I had 400 bucks to spend on a detector...but you don't need that much money just to shut out false alarms. 90 bucks and I haven't had a single false alarm yet.
    Well, no alerts means no false alerts as well...

Professional

Would you like white rice or fried rice?

Professional

The most disappointing part of the thread is the incorrect quoting of Anchorman. I just glad he's in Wisconsin, one less detector to set my V1 off. He will learn how bad that detector is soon enough, and at least there are some decently smart people on there.

Radar Fanatic

That was hard to read, and why does Honda always = Cobra.

His weekend would be better spent working a part time job to pay for his upcoming ticket and insurance rate hike.

"this just reminded me i have a cobra sitting in the console of my suv. i guess a hardmount in the honda will be the project for the weekend."

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by rocky2 View Post
    That was hard to read, and why does Honda always = Cobra.

His weekend would be better spent working a part time job to pay for his upcoming ticket and insurance rate hike.

"this just reminded me i have a cobra sitting in the console of my suv. i guess a hardmount in the honda will be the project for the weekend."

Honda does not always equal cobra. I have the v1 and there are other educated members on there who run higher end detectors but there is a fare share of people like this.