Speed Demon

Default pay for your ticket?

I heard before that when you buy a certin cobra radar detector that they pay for your ticket. If this is true.....what cobra RD does this?

Professional

Cobra does not pay for tickets, as far as I know. Rocky Mountain Radar says they will, but only if the ticket is for within 10 mph/15% of the speed limit (whichever is lower), and if all kinds of other BS conditions are met.

Professional

Your still hosed if they pay, cause you are stuck with insurance fees and whatever else comes along with the ticket! i sure as heck would not buy a cobra just because they say they will pay...or any detector for that matter.

Speed Demon

I was just wondering because i've heard that cobra's pay for your ticket. Just wanted to see if it was true or not.

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by Radar 4 Ever
    I was just wondering because i've heard that cobra's pay for your ticket. Just wanted to see if it was true or not.
    No, that is just information that has been confused with RMR. RMR also states that they only pay the first 10% of the fine, because the other 90% of the fee is "court costs". So if you do everything by the book, they will refund you $10 dollars. Or something to the effect. It is a scam by RMR or anyone else that advertise such garbage. There may be others.

Power User

Default Re: pay for your ticket?

I heard before that when you buy a certin cobra radar detector that they pay for your ticket. If this is true.....what cobra RD does this?
    RMR is the only one that pay's for ticket's! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Good Citizen

cobra doesnt pay for your tickets and rmr says they will but has so many restrictions that I doubt you would ever get the money. Plus the ticket is the small part. Insurance going up for 3 years is what will hurt you.

Speed Demon

Default Re: pay for your ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by holein1
    RMR is the only one that pay's for ticket's! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    As far as radar goes. When it comes to laser however, I believe Blinder will pay for your ticket, under certain conditions of course.

Good Citizen

yes. Blinder will pay your ticket but you there is conditions there too. but the conditions makes sense, so they are not too bad. You can even buy an extended warranty from Blinder. But this is only if you get caught with a laser.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by S4
    yes. Blinder will pay your ticket but you there is conditions there too. but the conditions makes sense, so they are not too bad. You can even buy an extended warranty from Blinder. But this is only if you get caught with a laser.
    Like "it must be a laser ticket"