Thread: ESD-9221

Newcomer

Default ESD-9221

Hey, everyone. This is my first post here, and I just have a few questions regarding the new radar detector that I recently purchased. It's an ESD-9221 that I purchased for $60. I mainly bought it due to its features, such as NOAA transmitter, Strobe Alert, and Voice Alert. Now, I know that you guys like to cap on Cobra detectors a lot, but I just want to know if I made a good purchase for $60. I drive about 5-10 MPH over the speed limit, and therefore decided that I didn't need something all fancy. The voice alert is awesome, and I am really happy with this purchase, but just want to know if there was a better detector that I could have purchased for $60 or under. The Weather Alert is pretty much useless here in Southern California, as it's always freaking sunny. I attached two pictures with the post so you can see this detector. It's a 9-band detector, but I am unsure as to what year it was manufactured. One last question. How come cauto stores such as AutoZone and Kragen have stopped selling radar detectors? Any comments welcome. Thanks.

The Cobra ESD-9221

The device's NOAA 10-Channel Antenna

Advanced Member

As for another detector for $60, I can't think of one. But you can get the BEL 795 for $80 I think, and even though it sucks for range too, I would trust it more than the Cobra. But if it's the features you're after the Cobra is the way to go.

Autozone here in MI sells Whistlers...

Jim

Yoda of Radar

5-10 over the limit yeah it will serve you well.