Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Smile Cobra going out of business sale

Wouldnt this be nice

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Cobra going out of business sale

Going out of business? Maybe. A sale? No. I have seen enough crappy detectors on the road, a sale would only allow more people to buy them.

Yoda of Radar

Wouldn't be good at all.

Cobra sales a vast number of other products which are "decent" entry level products for us: CB radio's, 2-Way radios, GPS units, power inverters etc.

Speed Demon

And decent detectors if you ignore the crap claims and find them cheap.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    Wouldn't be good at all.

Cobra sales a vast number of other products which are "decent" entry level products for us: CB radio's, 2-Way radios, GPS units, power inverters etc.
    You are right they do make decent cd radios ( so do 5 other companys). Yes they do make decent gps. But who needs gps now a days? All phones have gps. And if you need a gps radar detector there are better ones on the market Evan in cobras price range.I am all for saving money(I am not rich), but when it comes to something that is built to protect you, I will not settle for decent.a radar detector is built for one reason--- to detect radar.. Not give off radar. Now if it gives off radar it had defeated the purpose of why it was built.I don't own any cobras,,, but would like to test some and see for myself if they are decent detectors. So if anyone lives in my area ,,,, let's do some testing. Because the only testing I have done is turned my ka gaurd off and had to turn it right back on because I cobra was coming up behind me. And I am not talking about a gt500 which I wouldn't mind at all.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by V70r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AirMoore View Post
    Wouldn't be good at all.

You are right they do make decent cd radios ( so do 5 other companys). Yes they do make decent gps. But who needs gps now a days? All phones have gps. And if you need a gps radar detector there are better ones on the market Evan in cobras price range.I am all for saving money(I am not rich), but when it comes to something that is built to protect you, I will not settle for decent.a radar detector is built for one reason--- to detect radar.. Not give off radar. Now if it gives off radar it had defeated the purpose of why it was built.I don't own any cobras,,, but would like to test some and see for myself if they are decent detectors. So if anyone lives in my area ,,,, let's do some testing. Because the only testing I have done is turned my ka gaurd off and had to turn it right back on because I cobra was coming up behind me. And I am not talking about a gt500 which I wouldn't mind at all.
    Great, insight /sarcasm.

Advanced Member

Is it Oct. 31st? Am I Rip Van Winkle? OMG, blazing a trail to Walley World to save me a buck! Gotta get me a few of those radiation detectors!

Radar Fanatic

would make my day..

Experienced

Until other companies figure out how to churn out $30 detectors, Cobra will be number one. While they're not highly regarded by enthusiasts, I'm willing to bet their sales show different.

Professional

My Cobra sometimes beats my Redline! It's a CB though.