Not my particular product loads of people use them with no tickets
what exact model is it ?
not a very good gift I fear this particular unit
sounds like it came from a grab bag !
constant on tickets ?
sounds broke to me
send it in and have it checked out
Your answers really confuse me.
So her cobra falses to it's self
all the time ?
exactly when ?
I have never seen this in ANY detector unless possibly it's very seldom and random in this case
maybe the tuning of the filtering of the scanner is off
Never seen that either as any engineer even a cobra engineer knows how to eliminate self falsing in their own products
otherwise the returns would be enormous
a defective unit may do it
This is why GoL does RD testing. I have a tough time believing that Cobra has made any serious strides, whether that be in performance or detectability, but testing will tell the tale.
and believe what you yourself see
after all your the one using it
I was of the same opinion as you at one time but not anymore
also believed the whistler se models were great from all the reports till I found out otherwise
They are very spotty in performance from my own experience now
sometimes really great and often times real bad.
IMO whistler fitted a condenser lens that makes off axis reception a very hit or miss affair
this to boost their range numbers which it does
doesn't work all that well IMO in the off axis realm after using one for a while
a detector needs both frankly
Last edited by Mandingo; 03-09-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Some more thoughts on my Cobra XRS9970G:
1. Next to an airport my 9500i alerted to laser (airport). My Whistler XTR690se alerted to laser alot longer. My Cobra alerted to (airport) with POP mode like crazy not Laser. Drove by several times with only alert with POP mode no laser alerts.
2. GPS alerts: Gotten a Caution Area alert and a Speed Trap alert. Very good and right on!
3. Ka frequency display is accurate and works good.
4. Range on K & Ka is great. Same as my Whistler XTR690se.
5. Picked up lane assist with K band. Pain in the ass!
6. Speed Alert and Speed display off between 1-3 mph. Other wise ok.
I really appreciate your interesting info and comments here MDR
It is very nice indeed to see this section of the forums used for what it was truly meant for.
Nice post. I enjoyed it.