Just purchased a brand new one for a low price. Here's some thoughts on it so far:
1. Like the looks of it and the GPS module is nice over the older larger one.
2. Updating is a snap.
3. Suction cups were hard to get to stick. They were still stiff from being new. I just pressed them on a couple times to form them to the windshield and then I licked them the last time. It's holding good now. I think they need softer cups imo.
4. Touch Screen is neat. Needs to be brighter during the sunshine hours. I can still can see it though. Different standby screens are nice. I like the main one.
5. Sensitivity is better than any other ones I've had. X, K & Ka so far.
6. Different City Modes are nice. I like the X+K one the best.
7. Color Modes are cool. I like the Multi the best.
8. Smart Power is nice.
9. Intellimute works good. I don't use the Intellimute Pro. I like to still see the alerts.
10. Volume is ok. A little bit louder would be ok though. Dial knob is clearly marked. Tones and Alerts are pleasing.
11. Battery Voltage and Low Voltage warnings are nice.
12. Power Cord is ok. If you need a long stretch I'd use the straight cord.
13. Audio Out Jack is nice if you need it.
14. Speed Alert & Speed shown with an alert is nice.
15. Being able to label your saved locations are nice.
16. Auto Mute is nice.
17. Safety Alerts are ok. I've gotten some falses on them.
18. VG2 & Spectre 1 & 4 alerts are usually other radar detectors or falses.
19. Ka Band Frequency and Laser PPS ID are nice.
20. Intelliscope is nice.
21. Intelliview & Intelliview Pro is nice.
22. GPS acquisition is faster than the old one was.
23. Compass is nice. I like the GPS compass over the magnetic ones. This has only the GPS one. 9950 had both.
24. Dim & Dark modes are nice.