Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Re: Cobra Vedetta Radar Detectors

Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    More on the Cobra SLR 650G:

1. I can't believe the range from behind! It's definitely a big improvement. It picks up as though it's from the front. Ka 34.7 picks up a long way off. It locks on quick to a source.

2. Ka false alerts more do to sensitivity increases. But otherwise easy to ferret out the real ones.

3. I think this is the best ever Cobra! A lot of thought went into this! I've owned a lot of detectors out there, and I like this best out of all them.

4. Recommendations I make for this detector, you can read my earlier threads on this thread.

Anymore info I'll post later.
    keep them coming. I enjoy your postings on the new detector.

just wanted to clue you in to this find.

cobra has even more new detectors coming out.

Cobra Electronics Kicks Off another Year of Product Innovation at 2013 International CES
    Date Posted: January 2, 2013

CHICAGO, IL — January 2, 2013: Cobra Electronics Corporation (NASDAQ: COBR), the leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, mobile and consumer electronics, today announced it will unveil its latest CE product innovations for 2013 at the upcoming International CES in Las Vegas, taking place January 8-11 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Last year over 156,000 people attended CES, the consumer electronics industry’s must-attend event, and this year Cobra will showcase its entire new product line including a new rendition of the industry’s most popular and innovative radar/laser/camera detector – the Cobra iRadar® ATOM™. Attendees will also get a first look at Cobra AirWave™, Cobra’s 2013 lineup of SPX Radar Detectors, Two-Way Radios and the new Cobra HH500 Floating VHF Marine Radio. Cobra will also showcase its 2013 CES Design and Engineering Innovation Award-winning iRadar S-Series.

1. ( Cobra iRadar® ATOM - Radar/Laser/Camera Detector

The Cobra iRadar ATOM is the most innovative, user-friendly and technologically advanced radar/laser/camera detection system on the market that employs highly miniaturized ultra high performance components, making it the smartest detection system with the smallest footprint in the industry. The iRadar ATOM is 35 percent smaller and features double the detection performance of the iRadar 200. The unit shares alerts in real time when paired with the iRadar app, and allows users to connect to the iRadar community to report and warn other nearby users of live police, caution areas, photo enforcement areas and much more. The Cobra iRadar Community is approaching one million app downloads, with an average of more than one million user reports per month. )

2.) Cobra SPX Radar Line

The Cobra SPX Radar Line includes three models -- the SPX 5300, SPX 5400 and SPX 5500, all which include super-charged performance in a more compact unit size. The three models offer double the detection range with less false alerts, all at a highly affordable price. The SPX line features Auto Mute, LaserEye™ 360-degree laser detection, Intellimute/Intellimute Pro, UltraBright Data Display, five-level signal strength meter, and selectable city and highway modes. The SPX 5400 and SPX 5500 models come with Voice Alert for audio alerting, while the SPX 5500 features DigiView Data Display for bright and crisp display.
    Last edited by Buckdarma; 01-20-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Good Citizen

1. I had a good hit on Ka 35.5 range was good! It was long enough, I wondering where he was at. He was coming towards me opposite direction with constant on.

2. I finally got just a Ka reading with no frequency. It don't happened as much as my 9970G did. It was a short lived false alert.

3. I know when it alerts to Ka, I pay close attention!

4. No laser alerts yet. I tested it with a remote control and it read Laser with 330 pps.

More later!

Speed Demon

keep them coming MDR. I enjoy reading them all.

Speed Demon

just to add a few of my recent experiences with this detector. I have gotten two nice off axis receptions from the detector lately. Both were in nearly the same spot. They were 90 degree receptions of good strength with the police car ticketing his victims and leaving his detector on.

I was a bit worried about it's off axis being that it a more narrowfocus model till I finally saw these two radar receptions !

Very nice indeed.

Good Citizen

Thumbs up Re: Cobra Vedetta Radar Detectors

Some more experiences with the Cobra Vedetta SLR 650G:

1. I've noticed when it is real cold out, the detector switches between City and Highway modes by itself after a few minutes after I turn it on. I usually just turn it off then back on and it takes care of it. I thought maybe the film on the touch pad from your fingers might be causing it too with the low temperature changes.

2. The range continues to be good on Ka, especially 34.7!

3. False alerts still happened on Ka when it is a K band signal from door openers.

4. GPS alerts are nice!

5. Still not sure all what City Max does. I know it filters X band till 3 bars signal strength, K & Ka till 2 bars. Same as City X,K,KA. I think it also filters Ku till 2 bars. I don't think it decreases sensitivity on any bands.

6. Volume could be a little louder. Radar Alerts not bad, GPS Alerts could be louder.

More Later!

Speed Demon

Nice to see you posting again MDR ! The screen needs to be kept pretty clean or the capacitance touch switches can switch between modes sometime. That is what I found.

Speed Demon

I have been enjoying my detector very very much. I have been getting some amazing off axis receptions lately. Very sensitive detector and picks up I/O very very well !

Good Citizen

Thumbs up Re: Cobra Vedetta Radar Detectors

Here's another observation on the Cobra Vedetta SLR650G:

The Intellimute feature (the Arrow) stays muted or unmuted (Down or Up) when it has a signal. Then it will change after signal is released. For example: When your arrow is DOWN while your stopped at a light the sound will be muted. Then while you take off when light changes the arrow should change UP and the sound should be unmuted. But it doesn't till it drops the current signal. Then it will unmute. It does the same in reverse too. (Unmuted sound to Muted sound.) My 9700G works like it should but this one doesn't. So you might be careful using this feature on this model. I was stopped at a light picking up K band from door openers, arrow was down so sound was muted. I started moving then arrow should have moved up. I was still picking up k band, then it locked on Ka from a real cop but sound stayed muted till I passed cop and the signal stopped then the arrow changed to up position.

More later!

Speed Demon

thanks for the info. Isn't that interesting. Did you know OUR rd can be had for 168 dollars now at shop nbc I want to cry !

Good Citizen

The fact that there are only two threads under this forum heading says it all. Cobra should stick with CB's.