Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    770

    Default Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    Cobra New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range | In-Car Tech

    https://www.cobra.com/category/radar...Num_qResults=2

    Cobra says these units use "military grade components" which is pretty interesting.

  2. #2
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    Doubling next to nothing is still next to nothing. They don't say what range they doubled, X band on some units used to be about 700 feet - 1/5 the range of quality units in same test. They look unique and have some good ideas but not much for performance. I feel sad for the uninformed that purchase these units - however they do make for a dandy rabbit!

  3. #3
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    770

    Default Re: Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDriver View Post
    Doubling next to nothing is still next to nothing. They don't say what range they doubled, X band on some units used to be about 700 feet - 1/5 the range of quality units in same test. They look unique and have some good ideas but not much for performance. I feel sad for the uninformed that purchase these units - however they do make for a dandy rabbit!
    I feel sad for people that don't wait to see a product's performance before bashing it straight away.

    Cobra's have upped their game quite a bit from their bad old days but I guess there are still a few people that haven't gotten the notice quite yet.

    Drive using a rabbet and risk being a " two for ' just a friendly FYI. Seen MANY "rabbit caravans" busted

  4. #4
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDriver View Post
    Doubling next to nothing is still next to nothing. They don't say what range they doubled, X band on some units used to be about 700 feet - 1/5 the range of quality units in same test. They look unique and have some good ideas but not much for performance. I feel sad for the uninformed that purchase these units - however they do make for a dandy rabbit!
    I feel sad for people that don't wait to see a product's performance before bashing it straight away.

    Cobra's have upped their game quite a bit from their bad old days but I guess there are still a few people that haven't gotten the notice quite yet.

    Drive using a rabbet and risk being a " two for ' just a friendly FYI. Seen MANY "rabbit caravans" busted

    REALLY.. Now your bashing me like I'm the idiot!... Name one thing that I said that was not true and bashing in any way. Was just stating facts. And yes Cobra has upped their game a little but 9, 14, or 15 band detectors..C'mon!

    Not sure if your being confrontational or what but it sure seems like it.

  5. #5
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    I have yet to see ANY testing to show Cobra has stepped up there game,in fact the the most recent ECCTG test showed just the opposite.
    As far as I am concerned they are still bottom dwellers even the with expensive Vendetta units.
    ECCTG October 2012 Radar Detector Test - Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum

  6. #6
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    770

    Default Re: Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    Quote Originally Posted by SHOtime2511 View Post
    I have yet to see ANY testing to show Cobra has stepped up there game,in fact the the most recent ECCTG test showed just the opposite.
    As far as I am concerned they are still bottom dwellers even the with expensive Vendetta units.
    ECCTG October 2012 Radar Detector Test - Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum
    Ya, I saw the amateur's test and wasn't impressed quite frankly. '"Any test " ? ....Sure whatever.... Criticizing a unit that isn't even out yet is childish. No other word for it.

  7. #7
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    770

    Default Re: Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDriver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDriver View Post
    Doubling next to nothing is still next to nothing. They don't say what range they doubled, X band on some units used to be about 700 feet - 1/5 the range of quality units in same test. They look unique and have some good ideas but not much for performance. I feel sad for the uninformed that purchase these units - however they do make for a dandy rabbit!
    I feel sad for people that don't wait to see a product's performance before bashing it straight away.

    Cobra's have upped their game quite a bit from their bad old days but I guess there are still a few people that haven't gotten the notice quite yet.

    Drive using a rabbet and risk being a " two for ' just a friendly FYI. Seen MANY "rabbit caravans" busted

    REALLY.. Now your bashing me like I'm the idiot!... Name one thing that I said that was not true and bashing in any way. Was just stating facts. And yes Cobra has upped their game a little but 9, 14, or 15 band detectors..C'mon!

    Not sure if your being confrontational or what but it sure seems like it.
    "name on thing that isn't true and bashing in any way" Seriously

    You remind me of the old white guy that says.. " I'm not a racist. I have nothing against them darkies"

    well here you go.." Doubling next to nothing is still next to nothing"... and... " I feel sad for the uninformed that purchase these units - however they do make for a dandy rabbit! "

    FYI both Radar ROY and Speedzones have said Cobra's are indeed improving.

    "I'm just stating facts"

    Hardly

  8. #8
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    "name on thing that isn't true and bashing in any way" Seriously

    You remind me of the old white guy that says.. " I'm not a racist. I have nothing against them darkies"

    well here you go.." Doubling next to nothing is still next to nothing"... and... " I feel sad for the uninformed that purchase these units - however they do make for a dandy rabbit! "

    FYI both Radar ROY and Speedzones have said Cobra's are indeed improving.

    "I'm just stating facts"

    Hardly[/QUOTE




    HARDLY you say..Go ahead you smart-arse know it all .. PROVE me wrong in anything I said. So they are improving -I would certainly hope so! Everyone else is too. Give any uninformed person a RD that thinks they are protected, especially some young buck kid who thinks he is invincible and waa laa, a great rabbit.



    I have said in many posts that Cobra had some really good ideas, even owned 3 of them back in the good ole 2 band days.

    Your racist comment is totally out of line.

    I could call you an argumentative know-it-all that very well could be a poser who just happened to read a book or two and makes up most of his experiences, but I wont because I have not proven it - but that is how you come across.
    Last edited by TurboDriver; 02-12-2013 at 10:13 PM.

  9. #9
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    ...
    Last edited by TurboDriver; 02-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.

  10. #10
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Cobra Electronics’ New SPX Radar Line Features Double The Detection Range

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOtime2511 View Post
    I have yet to see ANY testing to show Cobra has stepped up there game,in fact the the most recent ECCTG test showed just the opposite.
    As far as I am concerned they are still bottom dwellers even the with expensive Vendetta units.
    ECCTG October 2012 Radar Detector Test - Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum
    Ya, I saw the amateur's test and wasn't impressed quite frankly. '"Any test " ? ....Sure whatever.... Criticizing a unit that isn't even out yet is childish. No other word for it.
    Show me a legit test that shows otherwise?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Escort Radar Inc. Files Suit Against Cobra Electronics!
    By Radar Roy in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 10:20 AM
  2. ESCORT Radar Files Complaint Against Cobra Electronics
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 10:12 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 03:40 PM
  4. COBRA ELECTRONICS SIGHTING!
    By JDS in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 01:49 AM
  5. Escort Inc. vs Cobra Electronics
    By Radar Roy in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 12:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •