Good Citizen

Thumbs up More Observations On The Cobra SLR 650G

Here's some more observations on my Cobra SLR 650G:

1. Had a legit laser hit! It was night-time and I wondering where he was at and then I seen him. He was under an overpass in the middle.

2. Had another laser hit at 100 pps. I was sitting at a stop light with a New Ford Explorer in front of me. It was their High Mount Stop Light (HMSL) or tail-lights. They're LED type I believe. First time a Cobra did that. V1 used to that all the time.

3. Still trying to figure what the City Max mode does. The manual is not very informative on it. The other modes they are. Not sure if it decreases sensitivity. It acts like the City X,K,KA mode. I called Cobra and they weren't any clearer on it.

4. K band door openers usually false as Ka 33.8 and 35.5.

5. The GPS part of is nice! Been getting a lot of dangerous intersections' alerts.

6. Some problems with it, you can see my older post of it in my older thread of it.

Speed Demon

Default Re: More Observations On The Cobra SLR 650G

Great post MDR. Does the Cobra tell you what laser gun it is ? I get a few occasional 33.8/33.5 on k band too when a lot of k band door openers are working together. I really don't know what city does either. I hardly ever use it having the engine rpm mute mode working. I can guess it reduces the sensitivity of x and k band.

Speed Demon

JUST IN...

Griggs a poster from brand x forums just confirmed what I suspected that cell phone towers give off KA band emissions. This is confimed by the whistler rd company BTW..

and I get a particular low band ka band emission near a cell phone tower quit a lot.

maybe it ISN"t the Cobra's fault after all

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Buckdarma View Post
    Great post MDR. Does the Cobra tell you what laser gun it is ? I get a few occasional 33.8/33.5 on k band too when a lot of k band door openers are working together. I really don't know what city does either. I hardly ever use it having the engine rpm mute mode working. I can guess it reduces the sensitivity of x and k band.
    No, it don't tell you what laser gun it is, just the PPS. Be careful using the intellimute mode. On mine it doesn't work like it should do. It mutes the alert ok when rpms are down. But while during an alert, the arrow will not change up or down with the rpms till it loses the alert. So this means if you have an alert before slowing down, it won't mute the alert until it loses the signal, then the arrow will change and start muting. And vise versa, if you slow down and there's no signal your arrow will change and if a cop is around it will mute the alert and stay muted till it loses the alert. So a cop could be behind you and it won't alert cause you haven't lost the signal for the arrow to change. In my other Cobra's, the arrow would change regardless of losing the signal first. So it would mute and unmute the alert as it needs to with the rpms. So pay attention to your display at stops in case it is alerting.

Speed Demon

I guess I will have to look up the laser pulse rates then ! Yes I keep watch on the Intellimute. So far i haven't had that much problem with it knock on wood. It is a bit tricky getting just the right RPM sweet-spot

Speed Demon

Nice detection I had with my cobra today. Far off axis in fact. Very pleased.