Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scratonicity Groupie

Default Owned all three my reviews...

I've owned all three rx65, x50, and now the V1. With the V1 in logic mode and with kband set to mute for the default setting of 10 seconds and the rear antenna set to mute for the default setting of 10 seconds I actually like the V1 better in the city than my x50. the x50 would alert me to the same doors as the v1 however I had to reach farther than with my v1 to mute it out completly. Now I have the bogey counter which is nice but can get crazy, but more importantly I have the arrows. so now I might be getting a door but I will its to my side and not pay attention, and just have a few inch reach to mute it out.

after owning the v1 for 24 hours and putting it through the ringer, 3 laser encounters, and driving past a Ka photoradar camera I can promise you the V1 significantly outperforms the x50 especially in Ka and Laser.

One thing I hate about the x50 is when you get hit with laser you get a default warning that keeps going. with the v1 when the laser stops it stops. Also today on logic mode I was holding the Ka photoradar with the rear antenna for 2.1 miles. And it was almost 2.5 miles with the front antenna.

Off all three I've owned I hated the rx65 the most it gave me tons of pop / laser falses for no reason. and the tones just annoyed the hell out of me.

2nd place is the x50 nice unit but the blue would drive me crazy at night, and the laser and Ka just cant match the V1. its automute was nice but I have no problem with the V1 once I adjusted it to my needs.

Hands down my favorite has got to be the V1. But only time will tell

staton

Founder of Stealthvation

Shhhhhhhhhh you might upset some people and get the hell bashed out of you for saying this. One thing that I do LOVE about the X50 is the Multiple band track.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Scratonicity Groupie

haha, not to mean any disrespect towards anyone or any detector but I'm just calling it like I see it. The RX-65 and the X50 both had ample of Ka warning and I doubt would get anyone a ticket but I guess I'm still under the impression of owning a new toy. Since joining the board this has became a passion to learn and enjoy the best and for now I think I've found it. Future plans one more blinder up front for a total of 3 and add one on the back for rear protection. Roy will be getting the call for this order on the 15th of May

staton

Founder of Stealthvation

Yeah this stuff is ADDICTING

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Default Re: Owned all three my reviews...

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    I've owned all three rx65, x50, and now the V1. With the V1 in logic mode and with kband set to mute for the default setting of 10 seconds and the rear antenna set to mute for the default setting of 10 seconds I actually like the V1 better in the city than my x50. the x50 would alert me to the same doors as the v1 however I had to reach farther than with my v1 to mute it out completly. Now I have the bogey counter which is nice but can get crazy, but more importantly I have the arrows. so now I might be getting a door but I will its to my side and not pay attention, and just have a few inch reach to mute it out.

after owning the v1 for 24 hours and putting it through the ringer, 3 laser encounters, and driving past a Ka photoradar camera I can promise you the V1 significantly outperforms the x50 especially in Ka and Laser.

One thing I hate about the x50 is when you get hit with laser you get a default warning that keeps going. with the v1 when the laser stops it stops. Also today on logic mode I was holding the Ka photoradar with the rear antenna for 2.1 miles. And it was almost 2.5 miles with the front antenna.

Off all three I've owned I hated the rx65 the most it gave me tons of pop / laser falses for no reason. and the tones just annoyed the hell out of me.

2nd place is the x50 nice unit but the blue would drive me crazy at night, and the laser and Ka just cant match the V1. its automute was nice but I have no problem with the V1 once I adjusted it to my needs.

Hands down my favorite has got to be the V1. But only time will tell

staton
    be careful... you might upset the admins.

Founder of Stealthvation

Welcome back Brent_Vino

buyradardetectors rocks!

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Welcome back Brent_Vino
    :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Welcome back Brent_Vino
    I don't know what you are talking about.

Speed Demon

yeah he didn't mention V1 once in his post.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by robert
    yeah he didn't mention V1 once in his post.
    he wants to stay low key

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96